• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I get Market to reinstall my apps......

google123

Dec 16, 2009
This afternoon I factory reset my phone in hopes of getting the new Droid Pro update to install. It installed just fine afterwards. Nice.

Now, when I restarted the phone and logged back in to my account, all my apps started downloading from the market. Also nice.

However, I decided to cancel most of them except for just a couple that I needed to access right away. Now I can't get those previously installed apps to install without having to look for and reinstall each one individually. Only thing I can think of would be to factory restore again and see if afterwards my apps start to download on their own again.........Any ideas anyone????

Well, you kind of threw a wrench into the works when you canceled installation of the apps following the reset. Market is touchy enough as it is without doing that. ;)

We see reports going both ways on re-acquiring apps after either doing a reset or getting a new device, changing gmail accounts, etc: some are successful and many are not.

If it were my device, I'd redo the factory data reset and hope that Market plays nice. I have doubts, though. Please post back your results.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I kinda figured that. I have a ROM backup of when I had ALL my apps on the phone. SO.....I restored that and got all my apps back...only I lost the new update. So I tried the update again,......wouldn't go. So I reset my phone again, ran the update, worked and then I just started installing apps again. I also a have a Titanium backup of all my apps so I guess I'll just restore them that way. Oh, well, lesson learned. :eek:

BTW, I haven't really noticed any difference with the new update in place. I know some folks are getting a BIG difference in sound quality with it, but my phone's voice quality has been stellar since the day I bought it. I'm not sure why I tried so hard to get this damn update working considering my phone was not "broke." Oh, well, glad its on there now anyways, you never know.

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones