How do I get MMS not to be a slideshow?Support

Last Updated:

1. merx

merx Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    Just wondering is there is a way to take slide show off when I receive a picture message? its annoying I receive one picture go to view it it displays for 5 seconds and then goes back to the text... Is there a way that it doesn't have to be view in slide show mode?

2. bassrat68

bassrat68 Member

I agree, very frustrating..................
  3. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

I've looked for this before and couldn't find any options for does suck when you're trying to see something in the pic and it closes out.
  4. merx

merx Well-Known Member

Ya soo annoying. I cannot find an option anywhere.
  5. acousticgtarist

acousticgtarist Well-Known Member

Bump. Curious about this myself...anyone know how to fix?
  6. Tr1age

Tr1age Active Member

A simple answer is you cannot unless you install an app, however the app that i find to be the best with it is Handcent, no more edit to put a message with pictures, and it shows the picture you sent in the thread pretty nifty.

7. PistonsFan

PistonsFan New Member

8. Yambor44

Yambor44 New Member

Not very good reviews. Looks like it causes more problems. Also, ads.

I would like a fix also. I'll call tech support.
  9. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

What problems? And as far as ads, they only exist in the settings menu, which I rarely ever see or use after my initial setup and tweaking.

IMHO, Handcent blows the stock messaging out of the water.
  10. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to agree here. I installed handcent a few days ago and the only adds you see are in the settings menu. I haven't had one issue with it so far. I was also getting extremely annoyed with the stock messaging app and the above described MMS issue. Handcent solves this problem and also provides a better SMS/MMS experience which is customized and personalized to the users likeing...
  11. BBnumber9

BBnumber9 Well-Known Member

Bumping this thread up again. Is an app like Handcent the only solution to this?
  12. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Anybody know if Froyo fixes this?
  13. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Handcent is the best. I haven't had 1 problem with the app. It is extremely customizeable and IMO it destroys the stock messaging app in every way possible. If your not using it then you are doing yourself a disservice. I was also perplexed with the 5 second slideshow view of the MMS. It was ret@rded. I would try to show someone a pic message on my phone and as soon as I would hand them the phone the pic would dissapear. What's the point. Handcent displays the picture in the message thread. Also as already mentioned if you are worried about seeing ads they are only displayed in the options menu which you never see after the initial setup of the app.
  14. rob_inc

rob_inc New Member

Tap the picture, press the pause button.

Sometimes I get a slideshow, some times I don't. Would be nice to know exactly what causes a slideshow.
  15. skippy660

skippy660 Member

It seems to me that you get a slideshow if there is text along with the picture. If someone sends you just one picture it's won't be a slideshow but if someone sends you just one picture along with text you'll get the slideshow.
  16. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

This is a Sense issue, so most likely that would be a no.
  17. ryanro77

ryanro77 Member

i just wish i could get mms mesages from all of my contacts seems i dont get them from t-mobile users and i would love to get some of the pics my gf sends me throught the day :)
  18. android_lozer

android_lozer Member

im honestly thinking about returning my Incredible because of this, I can't believe how dumb it is!!!! I can't even send pictures. I do use Handcent but it still shows it as a slide show...i really hope they fix it somehow
  19. JK47

JK47 Member

Has anyone found a fix to this yet? If I try to pause a slideshow of one slide I am just left with a black screen.
  20. v8dreaming

v8dreaming Well-Known Member

I had handcent and had problems with it sending texts to people i didn't select, not wanting to send mms or recieve mms.
    I am trying chomp now and haven't had any problems... yet. Though the ads with chomp are more prevalent.
  21. TnFlapjack

TnFlapjack Active Member

has anyone found a solution to this problem yet
  22. coey

coey New Member

Ditto to the problem. I don't like the chat bubbles with handcent or chomp. Any other solutions?
  23. JoyDickey

JoyDickey Member

I just downloaded handcent and so far I am very happy, apparently there has been an update because all my messages are the same as before, listed according to who sent them and now my attached pictures are in the message and not a slide show THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
  24. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member

I had problems with Handcent on my EVO with 2.1 about a month or so ago...I know, I know, different phone...but if anyone wants an alternative to Handcent, ChompSMS in the Market is FANTASTIC as well!!
  25. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

You dont get duplicate messages? With Handcent I always got my message in both the native message client and handcent... it was too much of a pita so I surrendered and uninstalled handcent.