How do I get my contacts facebook picture as their picture for their name?General

Last Updated: 2010-07-18 08:12:48
  1. lilmoose1002

lilmoose1002 Member

How do i get peoples facebook picture to show up as their picture in my contacts. Right now my facebook picture shows up as Me, but none of the others are showing up. I even changed all my contact names to match the facebook page. Thanks for the help

Advertisement
  2. davros

davros Well-Known Member

you have to select each one in your people app (edit) and link then to your facebook friends
  3. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

edit the contact, go to the very bottom and link it to the persons facebook account. Once you do that go to the very top and click on the Camera image to the left of the contacts name, it should ask you to look at albums, camera and facebook image.
  4. davros

davros Well-Known Member

oooh didnt kno that part i just let it do it automaticly
  5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I think it goes by email address when it auto syncs with facebook. If the email on their facebook is different from the one you have then it won't automatically fill in the picture. First thing is to make sure you have it set up under Settings > Social Network, which I will assume you did.

To sync them manually go into people and open a contact. Then at the bottom choose the fourth icon from the left (third from the right, little guy with the sync ring) and you should see a facebook logo with "Link Facebook profile choose from friends" next to it. Select that and sort through to find you friend. Once you select someone it will ask if you want to sync their photos and birthdays. Pick what you want and you are done.
  6. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Even after you set each Contact to match the Facebook account, sometimes the picture doesn't appear right away.

Rest assured that it will, when your Facebook information refreshes to HTC Sense. Like in Settings > Social Network > Menu > and look at the refresh time for Facebook. If it's every 2 hours, expect those pictures to appear by that time.
  7. Nileo2005

Nileo2005 New Member

Is there a way to manually force a picture refresh from facebook? I have all my contacts linked, but their pictures aren't changing. I disabled the automatic notification updates, but even with those enabled, the pictures still don't seem to refresh; I just get constant useless alerts of people uploading a picture that has nothing to do with me or fixed a typo in their profile bio.
    Can I force a mass picture refresh of my contacts without having to have the notifications enabled at all times?
  8. Chimpie

Chimpie Well-Known Member

Can this edit be done via Google Contacts or by phone only?
  9. Chimpie

Chimpie Well-Known Member

Never mind. This was much easier than I expected.

I have it set to sync with Facebook every two hours. When someone updates their status is it going to buzz/beep or is it just something that happens in the background?
  10. Slugdoc

Slugdoc Well-Known Member

I am looking to have Facebook NOT update the picture!
    I want the contact linked to facebook, (i guess) but I want MY picture of my wife showing up on my phone, not the facebook photo.

I know how to set a photo to be a contact photo, but then Facebook syncs up again and overrides it.

How to stop?
  11. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Undo the link to facebook. Then re-do it. When you link the profile you will get check boxes to use photo or use birthday. Uncheck use photo.
  12. walkinonthesun

walkinonthesun Active Member

My dad recently got facebook and I added him as a friend last week. But when I go to link his contact to his facebook account, it doesn't find his name. It finds names that are close though. Any ideas anyone?
  13. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Did your dad accept your friend request? You can link the contact to any of your friends - the names don't have to match. I just have my daughter's nickname on my contact list, but I manually linked to her profile by searching for her name in my friend list and selecting her.
  14. walkinonthesun

We have been friends for a week. His contact name is Dad, but when I manually search his name, it is not there. I just want to use his profile picture as his contact picture.
  15. Slugdoc

Slugdoc Well-Known Member

Thank you!
  16. walkinonthesun

Nevermind, I figured it out. A while back I had turned off facebook updates and then I forgot about that. I thought I was still getting the updates since I would get messages and pokes but that must have been from the facebook for android app.
  17. hob0d4n

hob0d4n Well-Known Member

has anyone found a fix for this on 2.1? cuz i still cant sync my contacts :[
  18. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

There are several possible solutions posted in the 2.1 bugs and fixes sticky.
  19. BAM1369

BAM1369 Member

In my contacts how do i get it to update the picture? it still has old the old pix from weeks age. I changed my own pic like a month ago and when i send my friends a text message i still see my old pic.
  20. kow10120

kow10120 New Member

I have the eris and it worked fine. Since 2.1 came out I have not been able to facebook link contacts that I already had a number for and are new to facebook, or facebook friends that I have just got their number. I also have a couple contacts that I always had their number and where fb friends but still cant link them. When I try to manually link these troublesome contacts with their fb profiles (by finding the contact in the phonebook, clicking, and then either pressing menu link or the link icon in the top right) it asks if i want to link with "all" or facebook and clicking fb brings up your friend list, but these contacts dont show up in my friends list.
    something else is up too because their photo doesn't update in my phonebook.