How do I get my contacts to sync with facebook?Support

Last Updated:

1. NvrEnough

NvrEnough Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On the evo the contacts showed there facebook profile pic but on the epic it is not syncing. I have set up my face book account but when I go to contacts there is no pic.

Advertisement
  2. matt_valenz

matt_valenz Member

Once you have logged into the Android FB app for the first time, then launch your contacts, go to menu, accounts, make sure sync is ON (off by default) that will get you to a screen where you can choose to sync contacts and calendar.

3. CzechPleez

CzechPleez Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm a Sprint employee and Epic 4G owner (for about a week). I have had no issues syncing FB contacts with my phone contacts. I know you've installed the FB for Android app but you may have to make sure you've chosen to sync FB contacts, it may not be chosen by default.

Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync > Facebook account

Make sure "Sync Contacts" is checked. If in doubt, uncheck and re-check the option. The sync should start immediately.

You may have to go into your contacts and manually link some of the contacts with their appropriate FB acct. My Epic has done a far better job of marrying phone book contacts with FB contacts than my last HTC Android phone, so I'm impressed by how seamless it is.

Hope this helps. Thanks for being a Sprint customer and Epic owner!

4. NvrEnough

NvrEnough Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Its odd I get a error that says synce for face book sync is currently down and will be back shortly?

5. Sauk

Sauk Well-Known Member

I tried syncing and I had to go in and manually do each contact, I stopped after 20 as it was too much of a PITA.

I know it worked just fine when I had an EVO, wonder why this is not working

6. reaper9292

reaper9292 Member

Im getting the same thing

7. trayack

trayack Active Member

I tried, but it wanted to add all of my friends to my contacts. That is the last thing i want!...I unchecked the box for it, but it still tried. I had to cancel it.