how do i get my nexus back to 2.1?!?!Support

Last Updated:

1. lmyamen

lmyamen Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I am not rooted but I did the frf85b manual update ans ever since my phone has been glitchy as hell and my battery life has dropped horribley! I want my 2.1 back but don't know how to get it back any help would be great!

Advertisement
  2. justdoit

justdoit Well-Known Member

Factory reset it but use astro to back up your apps and make sure your sync with your gmail account is up to date before you start. This will sort out your glitches.

3. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

4. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

this will just wipe the phone. it wont roll back to 2.1... unless you took a backup in your custom recovery image prior to upgrading to 2.2

5. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Try wiping the cache from recovery, apparently has helped with a few peoples bugs.

And while you're there, get FRF91 installed too.

6. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

Go there , grab Google OEM file, put on root of your SD (DO NOT rename it!!) , reboot into bootloader, once there press power button while Bootloader is highlighted, and wait and read screen. In few minutes you will be back at 2.1 with "stock" everything on your phone.

7. lmyamen

Thanks guys you are a huge help to me I'm going to ttyl the frf91 first and see what happens

8. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Yes, rename it FFS. It needs to be called passimg.zip or it will be overlooked by the bootloader. It even says that on the download site.

9. lmyamen

ok so i just went ahead and wiped the cache in recovery, and then added the frf91 update and so far its WAY smoother!

10. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

I can testify to wiping Cache or Factory Resets to help clear up issues.

I have not had any reasons on my N1, but my G1 and MyTouch, with how much I flash those and mess with them, when I have strange issues, I normally try and wipe Cache and see if it fixes it, if not, a Factory Reset will clear most anything up.

With all your contacts sync'd with GMail, it's easy and then with the tools out there to backup/restore apps, no brainer there as well. :)

If you are dead set on going back to 2.1, here are some how-to's that I have posted and going back to 2.1 is here as well: http://groups.google.com/group/google-nexus-one-owners/web

11. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

When you d/l it, it is already passimg.ZIP!!!! So, that why i said ; don't rename it. Download site says: "Rename to PASSIMG.IMG and put it on the root of your SD card and reboot to bootloader." - which is wrong! Read it again, Rusty.............:p

12. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Odd, when I clicked it, it was called "Nexus One Shipping ROM (Original).zip"

I shall let you off though as all the links on the site are now dead so none of us can be right or wrong lmao

13. Talderon

You need to rename it passimg.img (case sensitive!!!) and when you go into fastboot and select Bootloader, it automatically scans the SD Card Root for image files for recovery.

If found, it will ask if you want to recover.

Thanks

14. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Needs to be a .zip, not a .img

15. Talderon

I guess it depends on the file you have?

I have looked around for several how-to's and even have one posted on my N1 Google Group and the method I used and tested unpacks the .ZIP and has you manually flash the bits.

Anyway, more than one way to skin a cat, so the saying goes. :)