1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

how do i get Pandora to work

Last Updated:

1. illiterate

illiterate New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a droid yesterday and my friend said i had to get this app. I installed it, but when i create a station, nothing ever comes up just has that thing spinning in the center. is there somethin else i need so it will play?

Advertisement
  2. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

As long as you have internet service, it should work.

It may take a couple minutes for it to start the first time.

It could have also been the Pandora servers having issues.

3. cafeldmann

cafeldmann Member

So does Pandora only work with WiFi, or will it also work over the 3G network? I had the same issue, just got my Droid yesterday. It did eventually work, and I just thought it was taking a long time, but maybe it started to work after I connected to my home WiFi?

4. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

It works on 3g too. I just streamed it on my droid this morning for about 2 hours.

5. galt

galt Well-Known Member

I had a couple of problems at first also, but it is fine now. I suspect that "Droid Day" overloaded their servers with new accounts and new stations to be developed, making new users have to wait until a station was designed. Mine cleared up in a few hours.

6. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Last night I installed Pandora, and it did the same thing. Created a station, and it never started. it just sat there. It worked fine today, though.

On a side note, pandora force closed earlier on me twice. Not sure what that was all about... haven't heard anyone else having this happen.

7. zikkut

zikkut New Member

When I installed Pandora on myTouch 3G, I had the same ever turning loading icon. I had to fully exit the app via the menu "Quit" option and restart it before it could pick up a station.

Worked fine on the second run!

So it seems that there might just be an initial first run after install bug in this Pandora version.