How do i get rid of 2.2 froyo? I hate it

Last Updated:

1. spencercarey

spencercarey New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the new 2.2 froyo update on my droid and I hate it. How can I go back to the 2.1 update?

Advertisement
  2. Tugdaturtle

Tugdaturtle Well-Known Member

Just Waite till 2mw they are supposedly gonna release the Frg22 update which fixes Fryo bugs and releases the official adobe Flash 10.1

3. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

rsd lite, then root so you don't keep getting notifications to update

4. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

There is no easy way to go back to 2.1, and you will continue to get update notifications from Verizon. What nader2013 said is your best option, but it requires a bit of work.

5. rmikeljr

rmikeljr New Member

Im still waiting on my OTA update to 2.2.......

6. Jayne68

Jayne68 Member

I hate it too - it's totally screwed my perfectly ok phone!! :mad:

7. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

Have you tried a factory reset to see if it fixes your issues?

8. RyanB

RyanB Guest

If rooting is an acceptable option, I'd bet there are still some good eclair based ROMs floating around. Maybe an older Bugless Beast?

9. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Well-Known Member

Someone actually wants 2.1? Huh?

10. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

The OP was from August, and Jayne just said that she hates it too (may be a He, if he's a Firefly fan).

jayne, can you explain exactly how it has screwed up your phone?

11. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I'll vouch for Froyo being crap. It's full of redraws, lag, and just an overall unpleasant experience. I would go back to Eclair but Gingerbread is just around the corner by now!

12. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member

Agreed. However, there are some goodies I'd hate to give up... like wireless tether. :)

13. shadowdude777

Didn't we have that in Eclair too though? You just needed a custom kernel and the program from the Market.

By the way, how's your Incredible treating you? I'm almost definitely going with whatever HTC announces at CES 2011 this year for my next upgrade.

14. djkeller3

I couldn't be happier with it. When I first got it, I gave Sense a try and hated it. The Facebook integration was kind of cool, but it made everything too overdone... too many screens to do simple things. Sense is complicated until you get used to it.

After a few days of using Sense, I broke down and made time to root. My Dinc was a little tricky because it has the SLCD screen, and Clockworkmod Recovery does not show up on it. I had to flash it through HRecovery and now all is cool.

Even though it has a single core Snapdragon, I feel no urge to upgrade in January regardless of what comes out. I'd love to have a 4.3" screen or larger instead of the 3.7", but that by itself isn't enough to get me to change out my Incredible. That might change if it turns out that next year's monsters could do more, but that remains to be seen. New information could always change my mind! :)

15. shadowdude777

I wasn't suggesting you should doubt your purchase, I was saying that I want to get a feel for what HTC's phones are like because I'm looking to get one. Seems like they're the most open to actually letting people do what they want with hardware they paid for. :)

16. djkeller3

Oh I wasn't being defensive, sorry if I sounded that way. I'm very happy with it as you can see. My user experience is identical to my OG with the exception that the processor does not get bogged down this becoming slow like my OG did. If you're considering a similar move, you won't be at all disappointed.

17. shadowdude777

Glad to hear it. I love my OG Droid but some things just take way too long. And LauncherPro redraws way too often. I originally said that I refused to switch until I had both a 4" or larger screen with a physical keyboard, but at this rate, it looks like I could just get a new 4.3" keyboard-less phone and there STILL won't be such a device when I'm up for yet another upgrade.

18. djkeller3

The redraws and occasional sluggishness of my OG was getting to me as well. The other thing that drove me to make my move now is the poorly designed headphone jack... I use mine everyday, and I'm all the time having to move my jack to get my left or right channel working again. It's one of the main reasons I decided against the X (same design flaw).

If you can wait until after CES, you can probably get pretty close to what you want. Who knows what we will see...:rolleyes: