How do I get rid of backup+?Support

Last Updated: 2012-10-26 19:24:34
  1. Dandan83

Dandan83 Member

I apologize if this has been discussed before. But how do I get rid of this? Out of the blue a file has appeared in my gallery from backup+ and it is not deleteable. It looks like pics from my browsing maybe? I went in and selected all and tried to delete that way but it just locks my phone up. I figured I could just delete the app, but I don't see it anywhere. I'm getting very annoyed because I have to search through all these unwanted pics to upload to my Facebook. TIA

Advertisement
  2. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

Try disabling the backup+ program then reboot and see if that allows you to delete it then. might be the backup+ program has a lock on the file somehow. I've not used the program.
  3. Dandan83

Dandan83 Member

I turned all auto backup off and rebooted. When I went back into gallery there were two additional folders that I could delete as well as the original which I still can't get rid of. If I can locate the apps to delete them, it won't crash my system will it? I'm not happy with this at all.
  4. davidmanvell

Go into Settings/Applications manager. Select the all Tab at the top. Scroll down till you see backup+. Disable it. You may have more than one entry to disable.

Then reboot.
    Dandan83 likes this.
  5. Dandan83

Dandan83 Member

Thanks! I wasn't able to disable both, but disabling the first one allowed me to select all the photos and delete without issue! Now if I can figure out how to fix my contacts I'll be all set!
  6. davidmanvell

Your welcome. bet the backup had a hold of that file for some reason. i dont use those backup programs.

What is wrong with your contacts? Start a new thread for it if you can.