How do I get rid of CAR DOCK ???

Last Updated:

1. notaguru

notaguru Well-Known Member

My rooted Droid X is terrific, BUT:

Frequently, when it is turned on it displays an unnecessary and annoying thumb-friendly grid by what appears to be CAR DOCK. The screen is divided into 8 squares, the lower right of which is CLOSE - and there is no other way to get rid of it. The Prefs aren't helpful.

That app does not show up in the App Drawer, and Astro can't find it (or it's under some obfuscating name).

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of this?

Advertisement
  2. doniago

doniago Well-Known Member

If you never use it, you could use Titanium Backup to freeze the app. It will still be on your phone, bu won't run or be seen by anything else on the system.
    notaguru likes this.
  3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

you have to be rooted to use titanium backup

op, have you tried force stopping the car dock app in applications menu? or tried wiping the data and cache from that same app in the applications menu?

try that out and see if it helps
  4. notaguru

That did it -- THANKS!
    My X has been running so perfectly for so long that I forgot how to solve problems.
  5. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

That type of thing usually happens to me when GO Launcher gets updated (except I get the bedside mode). It does that because it doesn't have a launcher to go to until you hit the home button and specify which launcher you want to use. If that's what is happening with you, freezing the car home just means that it will be another app that randomly "pops up" (whatever is still running in the background).
  6. notaguru

Pretty confusing (for me, for the phone). I use LauncherPro, which like the phone has performed flawlessly for a long time. Hopefully Titanium has frozen Car Dock properly, and nothing else will begin popping up.
  7. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

do you have a belt case or something that has a magnetic closure?...i only ask because the "Car Dock" and "Home Dock" are triggered by magnets...
  8. notaguru

Yes, my belt case uses magnets.
    But I do not wish to re-enable Car Dock to check whether that was a factor.
  9. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

If your belt case uses magnets i would almost guarantee that is what was causing the problem...the magnets are triggering the app

I for one couldn't live without the car dock app as i use my phone a lot for streaming pandora/ and navigating while driving...its a great little app...
  10. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Well-Known Member

An app you might want to check out is Dock No-Op
    colchiro likes this.