How do I get rid of the text message pop up?Support

Last Updated:

1. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Every time I get a text, that pop-up dialog box shows up on my home screen. I don't want it there anymore. How can I get rid of it? I'm using stock the text messaging app.

Advertisement
  2. escalade6103

escalade6103 Well-Known Member

Go into your texts, push menu button, select message settings and go down and deselect notifications. That will make it so it does not alert you in the notification area but it will stop it from vibrating and making a sound when you get a text. You can get the app, sms vibrator and tht will let you customize your vibrate alert for your texts and calls. If you use launcher pro and still leave it to where you get text alerts in your notification bar it only shows part of the message for the initial recieving. It won't show the words again. Im a private person and that's how i got mine set up. Works great. Especially since i can make it vibrate how i want since i work in a loud environment.

3. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

Pop-up dialogue box with the stock text messaging app? Doesn't sound right. I never knew they added that feature. (I've been using handcent)

4. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

Its a feature of Handcent or ChompSms called pop-up notifications. They need to be disabled. I believe they are on by default.

5. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

There is no pop up in the stock app. OP, are you sure you're not using a third party app like Handcent or Chomp?

6. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Actually I think it may be Chomp. I installed it to try it out. I switched back to stock app, but apparently forgot to turn off the quick reply when I turned off the notifications.

That should do the trick. Thanks all.

7. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

?? I thought the stock txt app did have pop up. Hmmm I need to check.

8. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

The stock text will scroll the message once (when it first comes in) in the notification area, but that's it.