1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How do i get swype?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armin956

armin956 New Member

I used to have swype a long time ago and really miss it :( anybody know where i can get a copy? i tried downloading one but it's expired. I tried registering for a download at the swype website but i never got an email offering me it. Just in case i can't get it, are there any other good alternatives? I remember there being quite a few good ones in the marketplace but i can't find them anymore.

Thanks for the help :p

Advertisement
    :
  2. firecracker

firecracker Well-Known Member

I'm also interested in this answer. I too had it a while ago but it expired.
  3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

google?
  4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

The only way to get Swype is to register for their beta which I believe is closed right now. An alternative is SlideIT.
    twistedlim likes this.
  5. publicanimal

publicanimal Well-Known Member

If you search Google hard enough, you will find it. Forum rules prohibit me from posting a link but googling "droid swype" would be a good starting point. I hope they'll eventually offer Swype for sale in the market. SlideIt is an alternative offered through the market, but it pales in comparison to Swype.
    twistedlim likes this.
  6. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

just sign up for the beta
  7. armin956

armin956 New Member

Well i ended up getting slideit, it's not that bad. The only difference is probably the design, i simply wanted it so i could text faster and this does the job. Thanks guys :D
    twistedlim likes this.
  8. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

if you want to text faster, why not use the voice functions and speak them? you can do it with voice actions or just simply open you msg app and hit the microphone and speak them. I rarely write texts.
  9. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

I just tried slideit. Never knew it existed. Thanks! I have been on the waiting list for swype forever and the problem is solved. Great app!
  10. twistedlim

How does it pale in comparison? I am pretty impressed with slideit and would love to know how swype is better? Thanks.
  11. Jcarmicha

Jcarmicha Well-Known Member

Swype hates me.
  12. publicanimal

Well, that's just my opinion. Some might like SlideIt better!

After using Swype for a while then using SlideIt I couldn't wait to go back to Swype. I like the layout better, and some of the functionality with capitalization and punctuation seemed to work a lot better with Swype.

One of the advantages of SlideIt is having the option to do Voice-to-Text, which is not available with Swype.
  13. armin956

armin956 New Member

Because i can't really talk while im in class so slideit worked well. Now i can send texts way faster and not have to worry the teach will take my phone away :/
  14. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

the only things that comes up are links to the outdated trial .. unless i'm now google r3tarded .......... it's possible, google it :D

did/done/waited/got nothing
  15. publicanimal

I took another gander at the old Google and I can't find it anymore, I've twice found working version on Google but I guess I just got lucky! Send me a PM with your email address and I just might be able to help.
    brnr17 likes this.
  16. twistedlim

STill playing with both swype and slideit. I like the functions of swype better but I have more accuracy with slideit. Also slideit predicts double letters pretty well which saves you from having to do the little circles. Swype will act more like the stock keyboard when tapping while slideit does not necessarily capitalize the beginnings of sentences or names when you are tapping, although I don't see myself tapping enought to make a differnce. And as mentioned before slideit has the mic.

SWype on the X must be a killer with the larger keyboard but on the droid I just make more mistakes or it is unsure of what word I am swyping. I am going to keep playing with both of them.
  17. jennay22

jennay22 Well-Known Member

Ok, after giving up on finding a working Swype download, I downloaded SlideIt. Since I never used Swype, SlideIt was awesome. Apparently I got the demo version and now have to pay 5.99 euros for it. Has anyone paid for it and just love it? I've signed up at the Swype website for when they open it up again, but who knows when that will be. I don't know if I want to pay $8-$9 dollars for SlideIt. Sorry for hijacking your thread OP.
  18. twistedlim

You said it was "awesome" so why not pay the developer? Heck if it was $4 you would probably buy it in a heart beat. Skip the starbucks this morning and by slideit :D
  19. myko14

myko14 Well-Known Member

Another option is ShapeWriter keyboard. It is not in the Market but a Google search will turn up the .apk to install.
  20. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

May I remind our users that distributing AND asking for Swype is against Android Forums policy. This is just a general warning but infractions will be handed out to individual users if this persists in this thread or another. No soft warning.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.