how do I get the best deal on an X or 2 with 3 months left on contract?

Last Updated:

1. BeOnEdge

BeOnEdge Active Member This Topic's Starter

So there are all these cool deals at costco, amazon and best buy for Droids but are they limited to totally new contracts or can I partake by extending my contract that's set to end in 3 months? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dwcasey

dwcasey Well-Known Member

You may qualify. I got an email today from Verizon that said I have new phone options available for an upgrade. And the phones had a decent discount attached.

You can actually go through the upgrade process through someone like wirefly. If you're not qualified, you'll get a notice that the order was canceled and it will give you a reason.

3. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that. When I got a early upgrade notice I could ONLY get the upgrade at Verizon, if your due for your regular upgrade that's different.

4. BIG CAT 7

BIG CAT 7 Well-Known Member

Call and beg to one person. If that doesn't work then call back and talk to them about trying to possibly looking to go to another carrier. They will do what they can to keep you there, even if it means dropping the last couple months of your contract and getting you into a new phone...

There really isn't any reason why they won't hook you up with a new phone and contract.... You just have to get the right person alot of the time...

5. tannere

tannere Well-Known Member

I called customer service, said my BB Storm was having a lot of issues and buttons weren't working. I told them I knew my new every 2 would be coming up soon and asked if its possible to have my upgrade moved up. They did it for me. Try that

6. Mike_

Mike_ Member

I reminded them that I am a loyal customer and that I stay with Verizon because of their excellent service. Told them I find it to be a poor showing of customer service when they will not allow a long standing customer upgrade a few months early. When they hesitated I also explained that because of their current promotion I can add a new line free with a smartphone (9.99 credit for 24 months). This will get me a new phone, I then have to downgrade my main line to a dumb phone and use the new line with a new number (confused yet?). So, now I get what I wanted (a new phone) but, have all the hassle of doing this workaround. This will not make me a happy customer. They then said they can see my point and then moved my upgrade date to today.

I am waiting for it to go through on the website. I have not decided if I will order it online, from the store, or from someone else. I like getting it from the Verizon store because if I have issues it is so much easier to go back to them. Get it from Walmart/Best Buy/etc is sometimes a pain. It does cost more to get it from Verizon but, perhaps better long term service.

Just call and talk, talk, talk. Eventually they will give it to you.