How do I get to this email screen.

Last Updated:

1. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 22, 2009
    I am having a strange problem. I know on my phone I hit mail and it takes me to the standard mail screen with the HTC scroll buttons on bottom and the emails there.

But when I get emails sent to my gmail account I get a @ symbol in my notification bar and in the notification bar it says New email and how ever many unread conversation(not the mail icon with the words New Mail)

When I click new email it takes me to a plain looking screen with all my emails but doesnt look like Sense.

If I hit menu options come up for refresh, compose, view labels, search, and settings.

Opening the email shows me Archive, Labels, and Delete option oin the bottom and at the bottom of the emails it has the options to Reply , Reply to all, and Forward.

I prefer it over what ever it takes me to when I hit Mail.

Is this the standard gmail client that comes with standard android?

How do I get back to it? Hitting mail always takes me back to the sense version.

I created a shortcut for it but it I can only get it to say All Mail or Inbox, not gmail. It also does not pop up in my main menu.

What can I do?

2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    It's just called Gmail...I'm not sure what you're asking exactly. The mail app does Exchange/POP3/IMAP the Gmail app only checks Gmail accounts.

Just make a shortcut to the Gmail app on your phone. My phone had it there by default.

DFRESH Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009

if you need to set up a pop3/imap email..

you need to click on the MAIL application...choose "Other (POP3/IMAP)"

then choose MANUAL SET UP ...

and from there put in all your information and what kind of email will be, POP, APOP or IMAP ...

and that's it..