how do i give an app super user premission?

1. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

so im trying to get 'ad-free' to work and super user keeps denying it premission.

i set super user to automatically allow permissions. webkey and all the other apps that need SU haven't been a problem. its only this one.

so, have you guys tried ad free? does it work? and how do i force super user to give an app permission?

Advertisement
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

so i assume your rooted and unlocked?
  3. pirate943

yes sir. i only have a few apps that need root and unlock, and those had no problems getting super user permission. i was promoted with a window asking if i would like to grant permission or not...with ad free i didnt get a prompt
  4. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

Yes, works fine.

If you block it on accident the first time, then it's blocked ever time after. Just go into the super user app and look through the list of apps asking for permission. You can allow there or clear that app.then turn on ad free again and you should get the root access request again.
    trophynuts likes this.
  5. trophynuts

Moving thread to HTC Rezound All Things Root section.
    Reason: Thread is a root specific topic. You'll get additional feedback in there.

Thanks for understanding. :)
  6. pirate943

where can i allow it? i go into the superuser, and it has a list of apps that have permission, and a log of which apps were allowed and not allowed...i dont see an option to add an app to the allow list

also, i never blocked it. it was automatically denied for some reason
  7. trophynuts

try uninstalling and reinstalling ad free.
  8. pirate943

tried it. i also tried another blocker app...same results, automatically gets denied with out prompting me
  9. trophynuts

hmmmm... maybe try contacting one of the devs of one of the apps?

sorry i'm not much help man but i'm drawing a blank.
  10. pwned

pwned Well-Known Member

Clear the super user app data.
    ou7shined likes this.
  11. ou7shined

ou7shined Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea. I had a similar problem and this fixed it for me. Cheers.