• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I go back to verizon ROM

jnoone

Nov 9, 2009
First I apologize if I use the wrong terminology.

If am thinking about ditching this buggy verizon build I have on my phone and going to a ROM without Blur. If I do this and decide I want to go back to my current verizon build, how do I do that?

Thanks

If am thinking about ditching this buggy verizon build I have on my phone and going to a ROM without Blur. If I do this and decide I want to go back to my current verizon build, how do I do that?

Thanks

With an SBF....it flashes your phone back to stock. Between wiping to factory default and an sbf you'll have a brand new phone.

Upvote 0
Once you root, make sure you get Koush's Droid X Bootstrapper. This will allow you to make a complete backup of your current setup. Then you can look into flashing ROMs. With the bootstrap you can simply restore the stock backup to receive updates etc.

Hi All,
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I'm a total newbie when discussing Rooting and Roms. I have a DX, had it for a couple of months and I've got to admit, I LOVE THE DAMN THING!!, but I hate all the crap bloatware on the phone and would love to get rid of most of it. I have z4root and was thinking of using it. How does someone flash a rom? Do you get Bootstrapper and install it prior to Rooting, or after you Root? Can you keep the original Verizon Rom, or does that defeat the purpose of Rooting your Droid. Is there anywhere whether in this forum, or literature somewhere that will explain rooting and all the technical lingo everyone is using. After listening to a few posts, my head is spinning trying to figure out what the heck everyone is talking about ( does wonder for my ego ). I want to thank this forum, people here are incredible and very helpful, and even though you are all speaking in some God forsaken long lost form of English, I am still in awe of everyone here. Thanks for whatever help you can give me, and thanks in advance for having the patience to do so.

Upvote 0
Hi All,
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I'm a total newbie when discussing Rooting and Roms. I have a DX, had it for a couple of months and I've got to admit, I LOVE THE DAMN THING!!, but I hate all the crap bloatware on the phone and would love to get rid of most of it. I have z4root and was thinking of using it. How does someone flash a rom? Do you get Bootstrapper and install it prior to Rooting, or after you Root? Can you keep the original Verizon Rom, or does that defeat the purpose of Rooting your Droid. Is there anywhere whether in this forum, or literature somewhere that will explain rooting and all the technical lingo everyone is using. After listening to a few posts, my head is spinning trying to figure out what the heck everyone is talking about ( does wonder for my ego ). I want to thank this forum, people here are incredible and very helpful, and even though you are all speaking in some God forsaken long lost form of English, I am still in awe of everyone here. Thanks for whatever help you can give me, and thanks in advance for having the patience to do so.

I have rooted for the free wireless tethering but haven't taken any bloatware off yet. I used to install roms when I had WM 6.5 and I think they are harder than android to install. Like you I haven't taken the jump to installing roms on my X.

At the top of the main Droid X fourm screen you will see links at the top and one of them says ALL THINGS ROOT! It has all the info you need to root, overclocking, and roms. I think you gotta be rooted first. Gonna get the bootstrap for DX app from the market and start my android rom goodness! Hope this helps you not the only one kinda hesitant about the rom plunge eventhough im a vet at WM 6.5 roms android a little different.

Upvote 0

Thanks

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/253224-about-gummy-my-droid-x.html#post2108938

Once you root, make sure you get Koush's Droid X Bootstrapper. This will allow you to make a complete backup of your current setup. Then you can look into flashing ROMs. With the bootstrap you can simply restore the stock backup to receive updates etc.

+1

See this post: http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/251538-about-root.html

Upvote 0
I have rooted for the free wireless tethering but haven't taken any bloatware off yet. I used to install roms when I had WM 6.5 and I think they are harder than android to install. Like you I haven't taken the jump to installing roms on my X.

At the top of the main Droid X fourm screen you will see links at the top and one of them says ALL THINGS ROOT! It has all the info you need to root, overclocking, and roms. I think you gotta be rooted first. Gonna get the bootstrap for DX app from the market and start my android rom goodness! Hope this helps you not the only one kinda hesitant about the rom plunge eventhough im a vet at WM 6.5 roms android a little different.

Thanks for the pep talk and the help, like I said this forum rocks! Will do and then when I feel comfortable enough, Root heaven here I come!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones