How do I hard reset ? Sorry I tried

Last Updated:

1. lexan

lexan Active Member This Topic's Starter

I searched the forum and tried the advice, but I have not been able to hard reset.. The reason I want to do so is written down yonder.
    Any help?

With 2.1 , I am not getting email notifications, even though its set to ON, and also have update my htc weather all the time,. Plus I tried to download the htc battery widget and its in a constant state of downloading and wont let me press the cancel button, good lord:p

Advertisement
  2. Strawbrykiwi

Strawbrykiwi Member

Did you ever figure this out?? I'm having the same problem now!

3. lexan

lexan Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, google " how to hard reset htc hero" and go to the official htc link, a little tricky ( you must press the track ball while in the white screen, let me know if it worked for you !

4. Strawbrykiwi

Strawbrykiwi Member

I don't have the htc -- i have the motorola droid but I just figured it out! :) yay!

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Let me know if the hard reset has resolved your issues, I was told by HTC to do the same to solve the issue of the phone lag, but I will not reset unless I am sure it works, don't really want to install all the programs all over again for nothing

6. MrERainey

MrERainey Member

Installed the 2.1 update twice, performed a hard reset, phone is working a little better but still has some lag and a few minor issues that I'm starting to think just aren't going to go away.

7. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

I also just reset everything and reinstaleld the update. I will post an update on the changes that I see, if any.

8. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Thanks bud, I asked HTC if there was going to be an update to the latest release and of course that question was never answered, seems to me that all the posting on the sites go in one ear and out the other, it is all about sales of the new products period