How do I hide files (pics and music) from gallery, but Droid have access?Support

Last Updated:

1. athflying

athflying Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There are a bunch of icons downloaded with My Maps and I have lots of custom ringtones. How can I hide these from the gallery, but still make them available for system use?? If I use the .anyfilenamehere trick, it hides them, but then I can't use the ringtones for contacts because they pretty much disappear from EVERYTHING.

Advertisement
  2. CyBuzz

CyBuzz Member

if I recall, put a file in the root directory you want to hide and call it .nomedia

username27 likes this.
  3. athflying

I did that but then it seems hidden from system use as well.

4. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

You have to have Astro File Manager for the .filename/.foldername to work. Other FM's may do it also, but Astro is what I use.

5. athflying

Ok, the problem is I can hide them from the gallery but then that particular file can not be used by my phone. For instance, I have a custom ringtone set for a contact and it works fine but as soon as I hide it using the .nomedia trick, it no longer works as a ringtone. How can I use files but keep them hidden from the gallery.

6. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

From my understanding no, you can't use the .name to hide and allow the OS to use the file.