1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

how do i install a custom rom on my zte warp?

1. i just rooted my warp yesterday and i want to install the warp cream sandwich rom. i took a look at the rom and i really like it, but when i saw the instructions i got confused about how i was going to install it. can someone give me detailed and informitive instructions so even i would know how to do it? thank you for the help:) oh and do i need a computer to install the rom? or can i intall it using my phone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

Well, you'll need a computer to download and transfer to your SD Card....

As for installing it...did you install CWM when you rooted your device? If so, boot into CWM (Turn off phone, then press power+volume down)

Navigate to Factory Reset (I think it says that. Or wipe data. I forget.) Then once you wipe that, navigate to wipe cache and hit yes. Then navigate to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik. Hit yes. THEN finally navigate to Install Zip from SD card. Choose the ROM and hit yes. Then wait a few minutes. Reboot and wait a few minutes again. Enjoy.

Oh, also. Navigating with CWM. Volume + and - move you, and home selects I think. I forget...been a while since I used my warp
    cmpyutr likes this.
  3. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Thread moved to "all things root" section
    Thanks for understanding :)
  4. I do have cwm. But what do you mean when you say "install zip from SD card?" Do you mean like to install update from sd card?
  5. StarScream2109

Download the ROM of your choice then place on SD card (remember where you put them) boot into recovery (CWM) go to install zip from SD locate your file (ROM) make sure to clear dalvik and cache before or after installing :)
  6. StarScream2109

Also you do NOT need a computer to download ROM though it is best and faster but it is possible on the phone (slower)
  7. I think I understand. But do you have a kick messenger? So I can message you in case I need more help. Anyway I want to thank you for your help :)
  8. StarScream2109

Yes you can search apollostar2109
  9. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

I just want to add because it sounds like he's not going to kno....
    You should wipe data in cwm... Then clear cache, then go to advanced and clear dalvik, then install zip from sd like Apollo said..

Now it doesn't really matter if you do these things b4 or after you you flash the rom. But its pretty important to do those things because you will get buggy little issues if you don't.
  10. mholloway

mholloway Well-Known Member

You should get titanium back up and purchase titanium key first then make a backup of your apps some roms may have apps that you don't like and you may prefer the stock apps .
    SelfElevated2 likes this.
  11. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

all of the ROMS handle things differently, my rom (n00b) will automatically clear everything so all you need to do is download it and install through recovery mode, no clearing necessary.

You will want to backup any apps/data you need first as most roms will wipe that out. I like to use titanium backup to keep texts but other than that I just re-download my apps most of the time, but I don't have many.