• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I install apps to my SD card?

lusciouslou

Nov 18, 2013
I have only rooted my LG Volt to get rid of bloatware, and haven't dont anything else to it. It has like ~2gb usable storage. I am running out of room fast. Is there a way to move apps to my 32gb SD card? I have been looking for a few months, and have been unable to find a reliable method. If there is a step by step guide I would love to see it. Thank you.

My LG Volt has 3 storage options. It has the phone storage, a fake "emulated SD" which is really just a second partition of INTERNAL memory, and my 32gb SD card. This program only recognizes the 2 internal memory locations. This is a common problem with all of these apps. They are being fooled by the second partition of internal memory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones