• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how do i install custom ringtones

welll this is my issue im trying to put a ringtone on huaweii its 30 seconds long but it appears on my music folder when im playing music ...is there a way how to keep your ringtone with out being on your music playlist like making a folder in a certain way

On your sd card make a folder structure like this:

media\audio\ringtones

put your ringtone files in there and they will show as options in your contacts.

Reactions: juniorsabc
Upvote 0
On your sd card make a folder structure like this:

media\audio\ringtones

put your ringtone files in there and they will show as options in your contacts.

I tried that and it didnt work.. the way I did it was I stuck the SD card from the phone to my computer, opened to view folders, and I tired creating a folder in this order media\audio\ringtones and the coputer said I cant use those charactors "\".. what is it that im doing wrong here? lol also could I assign ringtones for certain notifications, such as face book, e-mail and such individually or no? thank you for your help :) I greatly appreciate it.

Upvote 0
I tried that and it didnt work.. the way I did it was I stuck the SD card from the phone to my computer, opened to view folders, and I tired creating a folder in this order media\audio\ringtones and the coputer said I cant use those charactors "\".. what is it that im doing wrong here?

When you put the sd card in your computer and open the base folder, right click open space of the window (not over a file or folder name) and from the flyout menu choose new>folder. Name it media. Then double click on the media folder and right click in blank folder and repeat the process ... right-click new>folder and this time name it audio. One more time, double click on the audio folder you just created and right-click new>folder ringtones. Open this folder and put your ringtones there.

lol also could I assign ringtones for certain notifications, such as face book, e-mail and such individually or no? thank you for your help :) I greatly appreciate it.

If you want specific sounds to be treated as notifications rather than ringtones, in the folder on the sd card called audio that you created above, create a folder called notifications and place those sounds there.

You should see the following structure if the drive letter of your sd card is "E:"

Code:
E:\ --
       |
       |
        --media
              |
              |
               --audio
                    |
                    |
                     --notifications
                    |
                    |
                     --ringtones

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones