• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I install firmware update through root

I don't believe it's talking about root in the sense of gaining root privilege. Rather, it's saying that when the device is being recognized by the pc as a storage device, you drag/drop the update.zip on the root of the devices storage. Simply meaning not inside an existing folder which is already on the storage.

So just drag it into an open area, if you will, so that when it's transferred to the device, you can see the update.zip as a standalone item, along with whatever was listed on the storage previously.

Upvote 0
I don't believe it's talking about root in the sense of gaining root privilege. Rather, it's saying that when the device is being recognized by the pc as a storage device, you drag/drop the update.zip on the root of the devices storage. Simply meaning not inside an existing folder which is already on the storage.

So just drag it into an open area, if you will, so that when it's transferred to the device, you can see the update.zip as a standalone item, along with whatever was listed on the storage previously.

So just copy and paste it into the phones internal storage?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones