How do I Install Gingerbread on the Ascend X (solved)Support

1. SergeKarol

SergeKarol Active Member

Started new thread because the previous thread on clockworkmod was solved. I know that there has been some success installing the Gingerbread on the Ascend X. I have not been successful so far. I could use some help here now.

Advertisement
  2. SergeKarol

SergeKarol Active Member

Ok Success in getting gingerbread on this phone
    1. Install CWM and root. backup current rom first.
    2. Go here xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] can someone make custom rom for WellcoM A99 (Huawei U9000 Ideos X6)
    download restore images. copy whole folder to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/
    3. use them to restore with "backup and restore" within cwm.
    4. Go here xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] can someone make custom rom for WellcoM A99 (Huawei U9000 Ideos X6)
    download wifi patch and copy to /sdcard/
    5. install wifi patch with cwm.

6. boot phone with gingerbread go to settings>wireless and networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names and add New APN with these settings.
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] can someone make custom rom for WellcoM A99 (Huawei U9000 Ideos X6)
    NightAngel79 and Gmash like this.
  3. andrewhooper

andrewhooper New Member

I got gingerbread installed, wififix, and APN but now I can't sync facebook. If I go to accounts and sync and try to add facebook it doesnt add, and if I go into the facebook app there isn't an option to sync contacts anymore.
    Please help
  4. andrewhooper

andrewhooper New Member

upgrade worked but now can't sync Facebook account
    I got gingerbread installed, wififix, and APN but now I can't sync facebook. If I go to accounts and sync and try to add facebook it doesnt add, and if I go into the facebook app there isn't an option to sync contacts anymore.
    Please help
  5. SergeKarol

SergeKarol Active Member

Not sure that it is possible with this rom. Wait a couple of days and hopefully a more stable upgrade for MIUI will be posted here Masuk

Use chrome to view and it will automatically translate from indonesian.