How do i install ice cream sandwich on Sony Xperia USupport

Last Updated:

1. lee35

lee35 New Member

I read that Sony official blog, they start releasing android 4.0.4 ICS updates for Sony xperia U. When i check for the updates, i can't see there's new a version. So it will takes few months? Anyone who manage to install new updates? If you have installed, how do i install ICS on my phone?

Thanks! :D

2. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Yes, now St25i and ST25a updates are online. Sometimes they you will receive update notification one or two months later or sometime next week. If you need to update it right now use this method.

3. Cushie

Cushie New Member

Are there any reports of how ICS 4.0.4 performs on U compared to my original 2.3.7, which beats my tablet on 4.0.3 by a mile particularly web browsing and email which drag so slow?
  4. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Some people say that Xperia U ICS slow. :mad: :confused:
  5. Try the Sony pc companion it is safe and easy to use because it is from Sony. You can check the latest update for your Xperia U.
  6. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

I updated mine via Sony's PC companion. It's a quick and painless procedure. Unlike some others, I've not noticed any more lag than when on Gingerbread.
  7. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

This is true i got 4.1.2 on a sony Ericsson xperia x10a . Yes the phone that only has 2.1 . So i do agree that it works a million cause i could not do nothing with out it .
  8. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Official Jelly bean for X10? Its not true. All 2011 series and some of the 2012 devices not receiving jb.
    So 2010 can't.

Sent via mobile.
  9. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

You may want to look again :eek: