How Do I Install SetCPU on PlainJane rom?

Last Updated:

1. animanga008

animanga008 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I have been combing the forums; both this one and the XDA forum and I still have no idea how to install SetCPU using ADB.

I have successfully rooted my HTC Eris and I am running on the PlainJane rom.

I have installed both SetCPU 2.0 and 2.01 but after that I can not find any instructions on how to load the program. Can anyone direct me towards the right thread or let me know in this topic?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. animanga008

animanga008 Member This Topic's Starter

Oh, I'm a dummy. It tells you in the readme.

Well, in any case if anyone else has this question in the future. To install SetCPU with adb; after you are sure your device is connected, go to the directory with the SetCpu folder you unzipped from online. So for example, mine was in C:\Users\User\Downloads so I typed in cd "C:\Users\User Chang\Downloads" to set the directory.

Then I just typed "adb install setcpu_2.01.apk" and it worked. It immediately showed up in my applications folder.

:)

3. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

or you could just put the apk on your SD card and use a file manager like Astro/EStrong/RootExplorer to install it from there....... then you dont have to worry about adb at all