• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I keep the screen from turning off?

I'm using it as a data display in a race car. However, I can't seem to find a setting to allow it to stay on all the time.

I have it maxed out at a 30 min timeout, but I need it to stay on all day. It screws up the connection to my data unit when it goes to sleep.

There has to be something on there I haven't found yet that will keep it from dozing off on me.

I'm using it as a data display in a race car. However, I can't seem to find a setting to allow it to stay on all the time.

I have it maxed out at a 30 min timeout, but I need it to stay on all day. It screws up the connection to my data unit when it goes to sleep.

There has to be something on there I haven't found yet that will keep it from dozing off on me.
If you have a "developer options" in your settings there is a box to check that will keep the screen on while charging

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. I'm going to try the red eye app.

Oddly enough, I don't have the developer option to keep it on while charging.

Long story short, they sent me some generic foreign market tablet that did have the option to stay on while charging. It was a MIDI brand or something like that. Junk....

I already have the S3 phone so it made sense to go with their tablet and return the generic one.

Appreciate all the info.

Upvote 0
I am new to forums so not sure exactly where I post my issue with my cell lol if this is the wrong spot sorry in advance :) But I have a Samsung Sch R720 Running Gingerbread 2.3.4 I don't know much about Androids but I was having issues with it not being compatible with some Apps so I contacted Samsung and they told me there was an update 2.3.6 available and sent me the link with download etc...Well in the middle of it downloading lastnight it froze...I have been working with my phone since last night and then again this morning..When I try to power it up I get....Firmware upgrade encountered error..please try again...I have tried to re do the download but my computer will not even show it being connected to my computer via my USB cord..PLEASE helpppppppppp

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones