How do I keep the screen light on?

Last Updated:

1. ziffos

ziffos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry Mods but searched and could not find any answer so:-

Whilst "sat" waiting for my NON 3G/NON Wifi screens to load when trying to "surf the internet" I find that my screen light goes out!! :mad:

Is there a way or an app that keeps my screen light on for as long as I want it to? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Tunga

Tunga Well-Known Member

I believe there's an option in Settings -> Applications -> Development
    You could also increase the backlight time to something longer than a few minutes in Settings -> Display.

Though I'm not sure offhand if either of these disable the slight fade that occurs after a short time, that seems to be a Sense feature.

3. ziffos

ziffos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Tungs but the first suggestion only keeps the light on whilst charging. The second suggestion is what I am currently having to use but an app or other ideas/suggestions would be welcome.

4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

When the screen goes into the fade mode you can tap it gently to prevent it from entering sleep mode.

As suggested above, increase the time before it sleeps by going into settings / sound & display / screen timeout. You can set it up to 30 minutes if you wish (I'm sure that should be long enough for your web page to load!)

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Also extended controls widget on the market has a toggle for keeping the screen on. You can put it on tout home screen. That way you can toggle always on screen without having to keep altering your screen time out.