How do I know if I have a bug?

Last Updated:

1. jbremster

jbremster New Member

I heard through news reports that a sign that your phone is bugged or taken over is if the screen comes on for no reason. I have noticed that after I send a text, or shut down an app, that the screen saver kicks in and shuts off. Right after that, it turns back on. The screen is on again until the screen saver shuts it off again. What could it be?

Also, my phone freezes constantly. Not sure if it's related.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

What news reports? I have not heard of anyone's Android phone being bugged, yet.

If you suspect your phone is being bugged then you have bigger worries than just thinking about your Android phone.
  3. jbremster

jbremster New Member

It was a report about how smart phones are really "smart" phones. It didn't spefically name Android or google. As a matter of fact, I beleive it was quite a while ago anyhow. They talked about how certain apps can take over your phone and make it do something you didn't want. I know a guy who told me that a family friend made his phone ring and the caller ID was his wife's. Hos wife was sitting right next to him with the phone on the table.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, I don't know. I just remember that being said earlier about the screen turning on by itself and my friend's expierience, it would be worth asking.

Just for sh*ts and giggles, what should be worried about if in fact I have been bugged?
  4. sara323

sara323 Member

It relative hard to tap and spy on mobile phone calls using traditional cracking and hacking techniques on the wire, but since cell and mobile phones contain more computer power than earlier, some software vendors have introduced application to overcome the fairly hard problems related to wiretapping directly on the wire data transmissions. The software programs are instead installed on the actual devices and do a kind of software based spying and wiretapping.
    It looks like we all are transparent people
  5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

These questions are really too vague. You'd have to troubleshoot your particular setup. It could be a setting, it could be an app, it could be something malicious but it's impossible to say, especially without any details. When did this start to happen? What do you have loaded? What is your device running? You need to consider all these things rather than randomly pick a possible cause and fixate on that one thing.