• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I know if I have the Droid 2 or Droid 2 Global?

I found this:

A external physical difference between the Droid 2 Global and the Droid 2 is that the Droid 2 Global is slightly slimmer and the camera area slightly bulges out. But I don't think that is going to help you much. The only other thing I found that can differentiate is that the Droid 2 has a 1Ghz processor where the Global has the 1.2Ghz processor.

Upvote 0
So would this really matter when it comes to rooting? Specifically, would I run into any trouble rooting and porting droid 2 roms to the global? I don't have a D2, I use X. Coworker wants me to get them rooted and set up on a rom, just want to make sure I won'r run into any problems and what to avoid.

Also, while I'm in the D2 section, any roms work best? Thinking I will go with Apex. Seems simplest for someone who wouldn't know too much of a difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones