How do I know if I have the Droid 2 or Droid 2 Global?

Last Updated: 2011-10-30 05:16:05
  1. stevehous

stevehous Member

I'm trying to root my phone, but am unsure exactly if my phone is a D2 or D2G. Can someone point out some obvious things to look for in my phone?

Advertisement
  2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I found this:

A external physical difference between the Droid 2 Global and the Droid 2 is that the Droid 2 Global is slightly slimmer and the camera area slightly bulges out. But I don't think that is going to help you much. The only other thing I found that can differentiate is that the Droid 2 has a 1Ghz processor where the Global has the 1.2Ghz processor.
  3. stevehous

stevehous Member

so would I be looking in the phone system information to try to see how many ghz my processor is?
  4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Yup. Or sign in to your Verizon Wireless account and it'll tell you what phone you have
    stevehous likes this.
  5. Stylz

Stylz Well-Known Member

Can't you go into settings > about phone > Model number and it will tell you?
  6. db2u

db2u Well-Known Member

Doesnt a droid 2 global have a sim card slot?
  7. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

It should since they can be GSM/CDMA where as Droid 2 is only CDMA. I assumed all D2Gs were white too.
  8. kastleberg

kastleberg Well-Known Member

So would this really matter when it comes to rooting? Specifically, would I run into any trouble rooting and porting droid 2 roms to the global? I don't have a D2, I use X. Coworker wants me to get them rooted and set up on a rom, just want to make sure I won'r run into any problems and what to avoid.

Also, while I'm in the D2 section, any roms work best? Thinking I will go with Apex. Seems simplest for someone who wouldn't know too much of a difference.
  9. biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657 Well-Known Member

He would actually need to try them all to see which he likes. That way he is informed and can make a definite decision.