How do i know if my samsung vibrant is rooted or not ?

Last Updated:

1. Denverguy

Denverguy Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a newbie to android phones ,i got the samsung vibrant for tmobile last month ,i downloaded an app from the market which is one click lag fix(RyanZA's) ..and accidentally tapped a button which says: root your phone it took few seconds and said that my phone is rooted.......Is that possible ?

Is there anything that i can do to know if my phone is really booted or not?

i looked at the history here in this foroum and found a similiar post i ,so i downloaded the titanium back as what was said in there and upon opening it an Error message comes up :
    "sorry,I could not acquire root privileges .this application will*not*work!please verify that your ROM is rooted and includes busybox and try again "

does that mean my phone is not rooted?
    should I still expect to recieve the update from tmobile in november?cause this is what i'm concerned about !

Advertisement
  2. bootsie

bootsie Well-Known Member

You can still recieve the OTA if you are rooted. If you start installing custom ROMS then you wont. As far as seeing if you are rooted, do you have an icon in your programs called Super User?

3. Denverguy

I didnt install anything ,all what i did is tapped the root icon and it took few second to show the message" rooting is succesfull "
    the app is one click lag fix
    and i couldnt see the super user icon

4. bootsie

Well when you open the one click lag program does it say " Unroot your phone "

5. Denverguy

the unroot your phone is there but it's in red(like if it's deactive)if i tap it ,it would say do you want to force this action anyway ?and if i click yes there would come unroot Error:nill
    this is what i can see

6. Denverguy

but whenevr i try to do other actions from that application like to fix the lag or whatever it tells me that you need to root your phone 1st ...!!!

7. bootsie

So that tells me the phone is not rooted, so simply apply the root, then you can hit the lag

it will not effect your OTA chances

8. Denverguy

so do you think i can just leave it as it is without rooting ?
    as im not complaining of lagging !

9. bootsie

I think you are ok. I personally cant leave any gadget alone! HAHA

10. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

If you're happy with your phone the way it is that's fine. Don't let anyone talk you into something you're not comfortable with. Hmm...I suppose that could apply to more than just phones...:rolleyes:

As for me, I think I had my Vibrant (my first Android phone after a few years with BlackBerry) all of two weeks before I rooted it and started messing with it. Not too long after than I got into installing custom ROM's. Fun stuff! :)