How do I know my battery is charged?

Last Updated:

1. Sandrav

Sandrav New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this is a lame question but I just received my Droid today and I'm new to these Smartphones. I'm in the process of charging it. Will something come on the screen and say, "Battery is charged"? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Some where on your screen is an icon shaped like a battery. It should be completly green.

You could also download a battery widget from the market.

3. speedracr13

speedracr13 Active Member

during the charging process the lock screen will show you what percentage the batter is at in 10 percent increments. once its completely full it will say "Charged"

4. galt

galt Well-Known Member

The lock screen tells when it is charged, and status as mentioned above..

Also, press menu from the home page, choose status, then choose About Phone. You will see both a status area that tells you status of battery, and a battery usage monitor to tell you why your battery is dead.

Charge it every night !!!

5. Sandrav

Sandrav New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks so much for your help! So glad I joined this forum, the replies are quick and helpful!

6. SilverK20A3

SilverK20A3 Member

One other way to know if it's charged is the white light next to the USB port on the phone. It'll stay on during charging, and will turn off when its done.

7. ssierra

ssierra New Member

I just got my Droid today and it's been plugged in for a while. The battery icon has a ? on it. Does that mean it's still charging and what will happen when it is done? This is a Motorola Droid from Verizon and there is no white light next to the charger.

Thanks for any help!

8. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

If the white light next to the usb port is off then its done charging.

9. ssierra

ssierra New Member

And the battery icon was green when it was fully charged today! Thank you!

10. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

Do you guys let the battery completely drain? I have always heard with the lithium ion batteries that you need to completely drain them before recharge. I sometimes do but its hard because if I don't charge it at night then it will die in the middle of the next day.

11. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Only 1 or twice during the first few days of ownership. Just set the screen to "never turn off" at night, before bed. That way you can drain it before charging for the evening.

KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR SEIDIO EXTENDED BATTERIES (and matching cover).

12. radioz

radioz Active Member

Does anyone know if the Droid will charge when turned fully off? I noticed that when I turned mine fully off and then plugged in the charging cable, the led did not turn on.

Anybody else notice this? Should I charge it only in sleep mode?

thanks,
    radioz

13. radioz

radioz Active Member

Well, to partially answer my own question: If the Droid is off and you plug it in to the charger, it turns back on! Not something I would expect.

So apparently you can't charge it while turned off!

radioz

14. emilianm

emilianm Active Member

I have a Motorola Milestone.After the battery discharged I can not open it now almost at all.
    Now it is completely turned off .I am trying to charge it....and i have the small white light near the charger .After a while the white light is touring off , the phone screen is opening and on the screen, is entering lock mode , and on the screen I have the message "connect the charger"(that is connected anyway).The battery status is "discharging" and the battery level is 5%.Do you think that there is something strange with this behaviour ?

15. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

Definitely strange. I would make sure the phone is powered off, pull the battery and replace it, making sure it is seated properly. I would also make sure there is no dust or anything else interfering with the battery and phone contact spots. Then I would charge it again. If that doesn't work, I think you need a replacement.

16. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Actually the DROID has a lithium-ion polymer battery, and I'm pretty sure if not positive that you can charge it whenever you would like. Also it has no "memory" like older nicad batteries so there is no need to condition the battery.

17. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

i downloaded an app called, "battery widget".. so i always know its percentage.

also when you plug the phone into your computer it will only charge if you mount the phone

18. CRPercodani

No it will charge whether you mount the SD card (you can't mount the phone) or not. If yours doesn't then something must be wrong, I can do a quick pic/video to show you if you would like.

19. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

strange, for some reason mine didnt want to go past 30% charge according to my widget. the second i stopped using it on my computer and plugged it into the wall it fully charged.

maybe cuz the laptop i plugged it into only had USB 1.1? because i kept mounting it and unmounting it and never wanted to go past 30

20. CRPercodani

Actually I can almost guarantee that USB 1.1 would be the culprit. I know with a USB hard drive you need to use 2 USB ports if they are only 1.1 ( for the bigger ones anyway).

21. emilianm

emilianm Active Member

For me is the first charge that I am doing.:confused::confused:And it seems that is not working well..The white led, just near the charger, cable is open only when the phone is completely turned off. After the phone opens the white line is turning off an the red led from the front of the phone is lightening.:mad: