1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How Do I Know When Nexus Is Fully Charged?Support

1. Eleer

Eleer Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I just received an early Christmas present--I officially (and finally) own a Nexus. I have not powered the phone on yet, though the phone is plugged into an outlet and is being charged as I type. I have a few questions...

My question is, how do I know when the Nexus is fully charged? I have installed the sim card and battery, and am currently charging it, however I don't see any type of notification showing that the phone is being charged/charging (example: no LED light flashing or no battery meter signs on the screen). Without these notifications, will the phone show some type of notification when it is fully charged?

Advertisement
    :
  2. tomato88

tomato88 Well-Known Member

Shortly press the power button -- not press-and-hold. It'll pop up a battery image with the current level of charge. If you want notification LED upon charging completion, download LightFlow after you boot up the phone and enable notification for "Battery Charged."
    Eleer likes this.
  3. Eleer

Eleer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help.
  4. Strategerizer

Strategerizer New Member

What I see is awhile battery shape with a thin black line flashing at top. Does it mean it is still charging??

Thanks.
  5. jforbes

jforbes New Member

You don't need to charge the battery before you use it. Just turn it on. Keep it plugged in when on if you really want to charge it. It's not going to hurt anything.

Old battery myths that have nothing to do with lion/lipoly batteries used today.