1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How do I lock (security lock) my Android on-command (i.e. immediately)?

1. grekker

grekker New Member

I've searched for this on Google and here but haven't found a good answer yet. (Similar question to http://androidforums.com/incredible-support-troubleshooting/230406-how-lock-phone-immediately.html)

When I talk about "locking", there are two different things I mean. When I say "lock", I mean having the lock screen appear that you need to swipe to get back to your home screen. When I say "security lock", I mean that in order to get back into your phone you have to enter your password/PIN/pattern that you have set in your security settings.

I am not asking how to "lock" my phone. I know I can do that by pressing the power button briefly.

I also know that I can set my phone to automatically "security lock" at various intervals, such as 'immediately when display powers off', or at intervals of 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 5 min, 10 min, etc.

It's inconvenient for me to set a short security lock timeout when I am using the phone frequently, but every now and then I have a need to immediately trigger the security lock (i.e. not wait for the timeout).

Is it possible to immediately trigger a "security lock" without waiting for the timeout (and obviously without changing the timeout)?

Advertisement
    :
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i think there are widgets that you can get on the "Google Play store".. .some are free..

widget button.. that locks your phone...