How do I lock this phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. MHoc

MHoc New Member

I can't figure out how to lock my Huawei Ascend. I found how to set an UNlock pattern, but no indication of how to lock it to begin with. The supposed lock button on the side of the phone just causes the screen to turn black but doesn't lock the features from use. When the screen comes on there is a green "unlocked" icon. How do I get it to lock and are there any locking options?

2. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

Once the screen is off for some time, it will require the pattern, if not, you don't have it turned on.
  3. joser116

joser116 Guest

True. There's a setting to select after how much time to require pattern after lock key is pressed. Factory setting is 5 seconds. So if you press to lock then unlock right away, you wont get the screen were you enter the pattern to unlock
  4. motherjen47

motherjen47 New Member

If you just want to lock the screen, without setting up a lock pattern, just tap the power button on the side and it will lock the screen.
  5. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

you can't lock the keys such as the vol buttons or hangup, call, back, menu. they will turn your screen on to unlock view.