• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how do i make a photo full screen size for wallpaper?

11sec_lx

Apr 28, 2010
I am so sick of the little crop window you stretch to only see a portion of your photo and it's being reviewed at full screen size. I saw someone post that you grab the upper left and bottom right corners to stretch the window, but it did not work for me. Thanks in advance.

Sniper, I don't know what size photos its working for you with, but it only gives me a portion of the photo when stretched all the way.

Godcountrynd, I dl'd wallpaper set save and the pics are still not fitting on the entire screen like when I preview a picture, this time it was huge. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
okay I figured out a way :D
1st - u need "andWobble wallpaper"
2nd - just add image from gallery (WITHOUT adding a wobble)
3rd - after adding pic just press "set wallpaper"
*** OG pics size = 480x800

my examples pics :D
b546de6snap201006.png

8b0fbefsnap201006.png

Upvote 0
I AGREE, Its an awful process on Android. I took a photo with the phone of my corvette and framed it really nice and then selected it as wall paper only to find the program blows the photo up and now half the car is missing on the wall paper. I have NEVER EVER had a phone do this before. No matter how hard I tried to use the green frame thingy it didn't work. I ended up having to stand waaaay back from the car so the car looked tiny in the shot but when it was submitted for wall paper it was then up sized and looked close to my originally normal framed photo. Wall paper on this phone is REALLY F**KED UP!

Upvote 0
Guys, the reason for the cropping box when you set a wallpaper is that the wallpaper you're trying to set is not the same aspect ratio of the device. If it were to ignore the aspect ratio, it would make your wallpaper appear "fat" or "tall", sometimes extremely so.

Just isn't so. All of my wallpapers are 480x800 for my Incredible and it still makes me crop.

Upvote 0
Just isn't so. All of my wallpapers are 480x800 for my Incredible and it still makes me crop.

As the above poster said, you need 960x800. The 960 comes in because the wallpaper scrolls left/right when you change screens on the home. If you make a 960x800 one, you can make it perfectly sized, no cropped off edges.

Also, for those that are lazy, 1280x1024 wallpapers for PCs are VERY CLOSE to the same ratio (very little is cropped).

Reactions: r.spitz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones