1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

How do i make downloaded music/sms tones as my sms?General

1. chris221273

chris221273 Active Member

As above really.

Have downloaded some tones to use as my sms tone, but when i go to set them it only shows the stock ones, and not those i have downloaded.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Chris

Advertisement
  2. MrVeezo

MrVeezo Member

Hi, try search in market "tone picker" its for free and it should allows you to pick any mp3 file for message, ringtones etc. I hope i helped you and good luck :)
    Dunc-x10 and chris221273 like this.
  3. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

You can also do the following
    either from you desktop or on the phone with a file browser application (ile Manager in the market works nice) add he following folders to your SD card. Exactly as seen here, no caps and spelt thusly. On the top level directory or root directory of the card
    ========================================
    alarms - this will be were you put your own sound bites for alarms

notifications - this will be were sms sound bites are saved

ringtones - this as above will be for your ringtone sound bites.
    ====================================
    Reboot your phone and they will be selectable when you choose to setup your own sounds for SMS email or what have you. it can all be done with the default application that came with your X10.
    Should work for you, mp3 sound bites work great this way. Good source for them is
    freesound :: home page most are GPL.
    alex_ncfc and chris221273 like this.
  4. chris221273

chris221273 Active Member

Thanks to both of you
    Chris
  5. Dunc-x10

Dunc-x10 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the app tone picker worked a treat :)
  6. Pasky

Pasky New Member

Hi Wondering If You Can Help, ive Tried All The Things I Have Read And None Of Them Work For Me :/
    When i Frist Got the Phone I Managed To Get Into The Phones Folders and Place Ringtones In There But Now they Have Dissappeared And I Can't Get Into Them. Can Anyone Help?
  7. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 Well-Known Member

I noticed that sometimes even though you copy the file into the appropriate folder, it does not show up in the list of Ringtones to choose from. Doesn't seem to reindex by itself very well.
    To go around this, I do the following.

1) Mediascape
    2) Play the selected MP3 or ringtone file.
    3) Press the Left action button (Left hard button)
    4) Click on "Set as Ringtone".

A bit of a pain, but you may have to do this for whatever files you want to add into the ringtone list, as well as whenever you add a new file as a ringtone.

It should now show up in your list of ringtones, so you can select it in whatever program you use.
  8. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

ringdroid which is free allows you to pick any mp3 and save all or just some off it as a ringtone or notifaction. quite handy if you dont want the whole song for example.
  9. alex_ncfc

alex_ncfc Well-Known Member

@Frankbonatelli,

Thanks for this, that's great info!