How Do I Make Games Run Smoother On the Ally?

Last Updated:

1. Darkstar8101

Darkstar8101 Member This Topic's Starter

Some of my games like Homerun Battle 3D and Backbreaker Football aren't running as good as they should be. In fact, They're laggin a lot. Does anyone know a way to make the LG Ally less laggy?

Advertisement
  2. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member

My co-worker has this issue ALL the time. It usually ends up being his internal memory and then using Handcent for his messaging... maybe go through apps you aren't using and remove them?

That worked for him.

3. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Good question. Even friggin' Angry Birds starts to slow down on the more complex levels, even when I had my phone overclocked for a little more power. I don't have a whole ton of apps installed either. I don't think this phone will ever handle games well.

4. sparko2010

sparko2010 Member

Angry birds seems to lag because of the ads. once the ad is gone, it runs fine for me. It seemed to run the best with the stock rom with the bloatware removed and no a2sd than it does with v3 or raptor (both a2sd). Thats not enough to make me switch back though... I like how much smoother everything else is with the extra room from a2sd. Going to invest in a larger faster card soon.

5. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Well I'm running Velocity 3 with the automatic ad blocking so I dunno if that's much of a factor for me. Turning up the overclocking helps it smooth out but I don't like running the OC kernel because I get worse battery life even when I make sure to turn it back to stock speed when not in use. So now I'm back to just normal Velocity3 not overclocked and the lag is back. Oh well. I don't play too many games I accepted that the Ally can't run much but I was surprised seeing Angry Birds get choppy.

6. Eric_E

Eric_E Member

Any updates on this? I just went through all my apps and uninstalled almost everything that wasn't on my sd card and then searched for new apps to replace them that would go on the card, to try and get as much internal memory back as possible. Angry birds really sucks on this phone!

7. solo65impala

solo65impala Well-Known Member

About the best thing you can do is root the phone, overclock it, and block ads. The Velocity rom has all the scripts to help you do this. Other than that, you really have to minimize all running apps to get any game running smooth due to the limitations of the Ally's processor.

8. Eric_E

Eric_E Member

Thanks. I'm seriously considering rooting it, but I'm a little nervous! I do have ES task killer that I only use to kill background tasks before I am going to play games or Pandora. It helps, but not as much as I would like. I am going to research the root option some more. :)

9. Fruban

Fruban Well-Known Member

Using Velocity 1.0 here, recently rooted. Since I rooted it, I overclocked a bit, disabled the ads, and I'm also noticing that fewer processes restart in the background after i kill things with Advanced Task Manager Free than before the root. Angry Birds runs very smoothly now, but I think its because of ad disabling more than anything else. Before rooting, 90% of the time I had to wait for the ad to go away for it to be smooth. Overclocking probably just helped more with loading than anything else.

10. solo65impala

solo65impala Well-Known Member

11. Scrillex

Scrillex Well-Known Member

Fruban - you don't need a taskkiller on 2.2. FroYo's native task manager is better than any app you download.

12. jeckel

jeckel Well-Known Member

task killers are useless says this site somewhere (i forget)
    internal memory is where its at

13. d3310n

d3310n Well-Known Member

It is not the allys proc that is the problem we could oc the ally to 7ghz and it would lag just as much the problem is the low ram, a mere 128mb. The lg vortex has same proc and has 512mb of ram. 110 percent difference trust me :)