• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I manage "time without signal

So I installed froyo like everyone else and started to experience bad battery life. Just like everyone else I did a hard reset and did away with task killers, etc.... I checked to make sure Facebook update was uninstalled and then did the auto CDMA prl check.

Problem is that I am still experiencing bad battery life....6-7 hrs max on light usage.

I noticed that my "time without signal" was ticking up even though I have clear signal and so forth....

What do I do now? I think the cell standby is whats eating into the battery life.

I had this same problem before the 1.47 update, the Cell Standby would eat up the battery, even though I have full bars at home and at work. I could barely go 8 hours, without even touching the phone. After the 1.47 update, Cell Standby never used a lot of battery, and I could easily go a full 24 hours or more without charging. They said the 1.47 update fixed a problem with the phone searching for a signal even if it had full bars.

After froyo, I am back to the Cell Standby using all the battery. I am really ticked off as I was getting great battery life, now I cant go 7 hours. For example, today I took the phone off the charger at 4pm. It is now 11pm, I sent a couple texts, and checked Facebook twice, thats it, and I am already in the red with the light flashing. That is ridiculous for not even using the damn phone.

I had a conversation with an "advanced" tech guy at sprint, and he said they are aware of the problem, but they dont know when it will be fixed. I dont understand why they fixed it with the 1.47 update, then un-fixed it with this update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones