how do i NOT crop an image for wallpaper?Support

Last Updated:

1. werekitty

werekitty New Member This Topic's Starter

i have been trying to figure out how to use an image for my wallpaper, but the crop box comes up over it everytime, and it forces me to crop the picture , which makes it fuzzy and incomplete. this also happens when adding an image to a contact. HELP? I have tried stretching the crop box as far as it will go, but that is only 50%at best. i also have tried NOT tapping anything on the screen other than save but it still crops it.

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

What are the dimensions for the image? Can you attach it to a post?

The perfect resolution for a background wallpaper is 960x800. I've never had trouble expanding the crop window all the way for larger images though.

rfound likes this.
  3. ulbonado

ulbonado Well-Known Member

This confused me for a while too. But you just need to put two fingers on the crop box and spread them wider-- this will let you enlarge the crop box to encompass pretty much the entire image. You do have to crop it slightly in most cases so the shape will match, but once you realize you can enlarge the crop box I think most of your problems will be resolved.

NightAngel79 and Archion like this.
  4. Archion

Archion New Member

Damn don't I feel like a derp now. Never tried that, and I come from an iPhone, maybe that's why... Thanks!

5. werekitty

werekitty New Member This Topic's Starter

the pictures i have been trying to use are unknown size, it does it to almost all of my pictures, i have tried enlarging the crop box, but it doesnt get big enough. i noticed that if it is a landscape photo , it works much better. I took the phone to the store and the most knowledeable person there couldnt figure it out either.

6. sero

sero Well-Known Member

this drives me crazy. i got lots of pictures i took that i cant get cropped worth a crap to apply as a background. what gets me is they look perfect in the gallery view. why the heck cant you apply them just like you see them there?

7. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

The size of a wallpaper is 960x800. Smaller images will be scaled up. Bigger images will need to be cropped.

If you want something to fit perfectly a certain way, edit a version in a graphics app and resize and crop it there into a 960x800 version that contains exactly what you want.

8. RockabillyHog

RockabillyHog New Member

I have the same problem with setting images as Wallpaper. I had to trick it by making my image twice the width ... (ie: 960x800 instead of 480x800) Like stated above ... this is the perfect resolution. Although I had read in other forums that the screen res was 480x800.

This way works only if you have one page on your device. Once I added a second page, it put half of my wallpaper image on each page. :/

9. Shanique L

Shanique L New Member

Dont want to crop photo for wallpaper but the box wont ger wider tried strerching with my two fingers but that doesnt work what to do please?