how do i overclock ?

1. phillvela7

phillvela7 Well-Known Member

I have no idea how to overclock . Im on mate35 . I have rom toolbox pro but have no idea how to overclock . Thanks any help is greatly appreciated .

Advertisement
    :
  2. Spec2nirvash

Spec2nirvash VIP Member VIP Member

Mate35 ROM is only overclockable to like 656 MHz. If you want a faster kernel there is one out there for the Huawei Ideos u8150 (overseas version of M835) that will O-clock up to 729 Mhz, and will work with Mate35, but will lose auto-rotate. Also, I think you first have to install CWM for the Ideos before flashing that kernel...

Settings for overclock in ROM Toolbox under "performance" (swipe left from main screen, click on CPU sliders to set the OC :D
  3. phillvela7

Thanks . Where can i find that kernal to download it . And how do i install the ideos cmw ? Sorry for all the noob questions .
  4. Spec2nirvash

I'm assuming that, since you're running Mate35 ROM you know how to flash zips to your phone, you know how to boot into recovery and you've made a backup before you try this, THERE IS A RISK OF BRICKING YOUR PHONE HERE IF YOU AREN'T CAREFUL, LET IT BE KNOWN IT IS NOT MY FAULT IF YOU BREAK YOUR PHONE!!

Again, I'm not sure if flashing this kernel will work with CWM you are running (3.0.0.5?) You can try it, but it may kick it back at you. If it doesn't flash, download ROM Manager from the Play store and use it to push CWM 3.0.2.4 for the Huawei Ideos u8150. If you can't figure out how to push new recovery, DON'T DO IT! You might brick your phone is you push wrong recovery!!!

-EDIT: If you successfully flash the kernel your phone may freeze up after the first boot, or screen will go blank. If this happens, remove the battery, wait a minute, insert, reboot. It did this to me, should work for you.

-ALSO: If you end up pushing new Ideos recovery, make a backup AGAIN, I don't know if your other backup from 3.0.0.5 CWM will work with Ideos 3.0.2.4 CWM recovery.
  5. phillvela7

Whedownload zip kernal from ?
  6. Spec2nirvash

Click on the link above ^^^ in the 4th post. It doesn't take you to a website, it's a download link. Check your downloads!
  7. phillvela7

Thanks , so i install 3.0.2.4 recovery , then jump into cmw . Before i flash do i need to wipe anything or do i just flash the kernal ? Thanks for all your help .
  8. phillvela7

I only see the huawei u8160 and huawei ascend 2 m865 , do i serch for another recovery ?
  9. phillvela7

Thanks a lot . I didnt want to wait so i just installed it over the current version which is v5.0.2.8 . Booted then rebooted by itself . Booted again then rebooted again . By itself , but now i am good . Thank you so much , do you have any knowledge of how much i can overclock before it bootloops ?
  10. Spec2nirvash

You're impatient LOL :D In ROM manager when you're at the screen where it first showed the u8160 and the ascend 2, press menu key and then you can select the 8150 from a new list. But if you got it to work, disregard. My M835 can handle the 729 MHz, yours may or may not. Make sure you don't set it to boot at an overclocked speed that it can't handle otherwise you may get a bootloop. Start high 600s and work your way up. Have fun!
    phillvela7 likes this.
  11. phillvela7

Thanks . Im not that impatient . I browsed for the ideos 8150 found the image but was unsuccessful on installing the recovery since i couldnt find the download folder of clockworkmod to paste it in . After that i thought to my self . If i brick , this phone has the easiest unbrick strategy . So i just tried it , thanks a lot . I was wondering , can i theme my m835 with rom toolbox pro and how can i get multitouch to work . I know im way off topic but you seem to be the only help here . Thanks in advance .
  12. phillvela7

No wait , your right . Im verry impatient , sorry .
  13. Spec2nirvash

So did you end up flashing that kernel? I don't understand how you couldn't get the u8150 recovery on there, ROM manager should have installed it over whatever CWM you had... So, did it work?

To answer your question about multi-touch:

Open the phone app. Press *#*#2846579#*#* -This will open up a menu

Click on >ProjectMenu >Veneer information query >Apparatus type query

At the very top of the screen, it will show touch screen type (Line #1)

If it says Melfas or Cypres, multi touch is NOT supported. It is only supported on the Synaptics type. Sorry!!!
    phillvela7 likes this.
  14. phillvela7

I found the ideos 8150 recovery with the instructions you provided , but did not install that recovery . I just flashed the zip kernal in the link you provided . Thanks a lot . Im clocked at 729 max 480 min . Yes it worked .
  15. phillvela7

It says synaptics rmi touchscreen .
  16. Spec2nirvash

You can always try new things with the M835, but my suggestion would be to go easy on it, one step at a time and see how much it can handle. Running an overclock kernel will pep the phone up a bit, but remember that the M835 has only 149 MB of system RAM to work with, so it has a limit to how much bling, apps and services it can handle simultaneously.
    phillvela7 likes this.
  17. phillvela7

I was wondering , theres a tweak over at lg motions all things root forum . It swaps internal sd card with external . Can thatbbe done with this phone ?
  18. Spec2nirvash

Then you should be able to use a u8150 multi-touch kernel. I have a Melfas touchscreen, so I never bothered tearing around the web for a MT kernel.

I took a quick look around and can't seem to find anything that is flashable. So you may have to do some searching... You can find a u8150 Ideos ROM that already has a multitouch kernel, and try to extract just the kernel and repack it to a ZIP you can flash to whatever you are running right now.

There are a lot of ideos ROMS you can find and play around with, some that will work with MetroPCS, some that you have to use Ultrajack recovery in order to flash etc... That's up to you ;)

Just Google: u8150 multitouch kernel ideos
    phillvela7 likes this.
  19. Spec2nirvash

THAT I don't know ;) You'll have to ask the guys over in the Motion forum!
    phillvela7 likes this.
  20. phillvela7

If i install a zipped kernal of the multitouch for ideos 8150 . Would that set me back to 600 mhz ?
  21. Spec2nirvash

Yes it would, unless it is an OC kernel that supports multitouch
  22. phillvela7

o ok kool thanks . I found a couple on xda . I was wondering , do you think i can just flash those kernals with the cmw i have or would i have to install the ideos u8150 recovery first then flash kernal ?
  23. Spec2nirvash

You can try flashing with the CWM that you have, it should either flash successfully or it will give you an error and abort the installation. You never told me what CWM you pushed to your phone, just saying if you simply push the proper CWM 3.0.2.4 for u8150 you should be able to flash pretty much any M835 or u8150 .zip (ROM, kernel, mod, etc.) without any problem. If you have trouble flashing anything like Dronix, MIUI or some other foreign ROMs, that's when you need to replace CWM with Ultrajack 6.2.2 recovery for u8150.
  24. phillvela7

Sorry bro , i thought it was v.5.0.2.8 . Atleast that's what my recovery said . let me know how to find out so i can tell you .