• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I permanently turn off a2dp?

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
I can't figure out how to turn off a2dp. In my car, the DInc is plugged into an FM transmitter and paired with my BT headset. The problem is the audio I'm playing comes through my headset instead of the car stereo. No problem says I. I go into the bluetooth settings for my particular headset while it's paired and uncheck the box that tells it to play audio through my headset. Problem is solved. Wrong. The setting doesn't stick.

The next time I got in my car and paired my headset, it started playing through the headset. This time I dug through the menus and made doubly sure that I had ticked the box. I backed all the way out to the home screen and the setting seemed to have stuck. Then I went all the way back into the menu and the settings again. The setting was still there and seemed to have stuck. Wrong. Turned the headset off and turned it back on again. Same thing. A2dp turned back on. How can I permanently disable this? I'm using a BlueAnt T1 if that makes any difference.

Hi + happy new year! Well, it's working on Gingerbread. It could also be an issue with your player app installed on your phone. Many apps have options that override prevoiuosly set bluetooth settings, so maybe your app is messing up with your headset. You should check, if there is a setting in that player app. I recommend you to uncheck all bluetooth regarding settings in players, to be sure, they're not messing up your bluetooth settings. Regards -Zoli

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones