How do I play Nintendo games on the Captivate?

Last Updated:

1. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do I need to be rooted?

What emulator do you think works the best, and where and how do I get games?

Advertisement
  2. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Nesoid rocks, a very good Emu for NES,
    Snesoid rocks, a verygood Emu for Snes
    Rom buddy, download most ROMs right to your phone.

This is one of the things I liked most.

And no, you dont need to be rooted or anything!

ZDroid1 likes this.
  3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Pretty certain there's no way ROM Buddy can possibly be legal.

4. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

They don't make money off GBA games anymore, so they don't give a shit anymore...

5. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think the whole concept is illegal. I mean you'd be getting games, which are copyrighted material, for free.

I personally own games such as Super Mario 3, so I wonder if that makes it legal to download.

6. nybmx

nybmx Well-Known Member

It's suppose to make it legal as it technically becomes a "backup" if you own the physical copy. It's the same reason why burning and/or copying your dvds became "legal" (more of a grey area, i forget the court ruling).
    This is why certain sites that offer direct downloads of Roms have disclaimers saying that you must own the physical copy of the game in order to download it from them.

7. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Well, I never said anything about legal... but yea, they have a disclaimer that says you must own each game you download.

I'm not sure how anything like that would be enforced, especially since most of those games are out of production.

But as far as the app goes, its great and has a lot of roms and I have yet to find a bad one.

8. Taero

Taero Active Member

Well if you go to old flea market computer shops you can often get the old games for like a couple of dollars, heck have you ever seen how many old games the Angry Video Game Nerd has :p Imagine the rom collection he could have, so owning the games even if they're out of production isn't a huge stretch.

You should see the Megadrive and Game gear collection I have in my closet :p

So the answer to OP would be "As legally as possible" :p but has been pretty well answered by the other posters, case closed I think :)