• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I read my .sms files on my computer?

cathyjow

Lurker
Oct 16, 2012
I have saved my text msgs on to my SD card. The only option I find is to backup sms, which saves them in the .sms format. When I put the sd card in my computer, it says I have to select a program to open the files in order to view them. So far, I have not found a program that will open the text messages. Can someone please tell me how to do this? I need them printed out for court, and I don't have the time to forward over 1000 msgs to my email 1 by 1. I call AT&T and they said there is no way to do that, and that I could try to google a 3rd party app. I called HTC, and they said they do not have access because it's a 3rd party program, .smsbackup. I cannot find a contact number for .smsbackup to find out how to do this and I'm getting VERY frustrated!:mad: Please help!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones