• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I Recover data from broken SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moaqra

Hello,

I was closing the back cover of my phone when I accidentally left the Micro SD card half way open which means it was not fully inserted. As a result, it snapped in to two pieces as shown in the link below. I had important files and I need a solution to recover the pictures/videos so I can transfer them on to my computer. When I insert the SD card in to a card reader or my phone it does not even recognize it even though it sits in properly (lock not broken as shown in picture). Do I have to attach it back together for it to work and if so then how? I need a solution to recover my data but my PC isn't recognizing the SD card and I've tried other cards and it recognizes them. Any help is appreciated. The phone is Samsung Galaxy S2.

Pic of SD card: i48.tinypic.com/69kkgi.jpg

Thank you for your inputs.

Hello,

I was closing the back cover of my phone when I accidentally left the Micro SD card half way open which means it was not fully inserted. As a result, it snapped in to two pieces as shown in the link below. I had important files and I need a solution to recover the pictures/videos so I can transfer them on to my computer. When I insert the SD card in to a card reader or my phone it does not even recognize it even though it sits in properly (lock not broken as shown in picture). Do I have to attach it back together for it to work and if so then how? I need a solution to recover my data but my PC isn't recognizing the SD card and I've tried other cards and it recognizes them. Any help is appreciated.

Pic of SD card: i48.tinypic.com/69kkgi.jpg

Thank you for your inputs.

Welcome to AF! :)

There are (expensive) data recovery companies that specialize in getting data off of (nearly) destroyed cards.

Also, have you tried a 3rd party app such as Easeus Data Recovery Wizard?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones