• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I reflash stock 2.1?

As of January of this year, I have a Transform. I rooted it about a month ago and being quite the noob in regards to the droid system, I became drunk with power and decided that it was a good idea to delete the stock e-mail app from the system to save space. Nothing happened to the phone until yesterday.

I try to update to 2.2 froyo, (I even found a link which provided the actual program, so I can try as many times as I like) but during the install I receive an error. In recovery mode, I try to install again, and I get a detailed message that it is having trouble with the stock E-Mail being gone.

I would like to reflash the original 2.1 update 1 so I can get the E-mail app back and then update to Froyo.

TL;DR: I deleted a system app, so I can't upgrade. I need to reflash the 2.1 to recover the system file so I can upgrade. Samsung seams to only provide drivers. HELP!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones