how do I reinstall Sprint Navigator?

Last Updated:

1. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know you get this time and time again (I know, I've been reading and searching here and xda all weekend) ....... but I really have researched this. I saw a link somewhere, now i can't find it, I didn't flag it cuz I didn't know I would need it at the time.

I rooted using unrevoked 3.3 (? The newest one), uninstalled all the programs I didn't wanted, played with rooted stock for a while, liked it, then flashed a custom rom. All that ended up OK. I am trying out myn warm twopointwo . I like it !

I have no idea how to reinstall sprint navigation!! The new rom doesn't have it (super cook that most Rome remove the bloatware )

The closest I have seen for a apron is to flash Fresh, it puts the sprint apparently in a aspirate folder on the SD card, then coy and instal it back into my current rom. I really don't want too have to wipe, just to come back to the same thing.

How can I find and install Sprint Navigator?

Thanks so much, y'all have been so helpful and patient.

I want too try new kernels and boot animation, bur I am lost without Navigator ; ) Yes I have Google maps but prefer sprint navigator.

Advertisement
  2. TheManRSW

TheManRSW Well-Known Member

This may not help at all or may be more work than you're looking for, but if you install Fresh's rom it will come with a folder listed as "fresh removed apks". You can take that folder and copy it to your card...then load the rom you desire and reload the apks from the folder.

zenaa96 and slugbug like this.
  3. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Download fresh, get it, delete fresh then adb push it.

slugbug likes this.
  4. slugbug

I went to Astro and was able to find it on warm's rom, too.

Looks like many of the developers are kind enough to include them a different directory.

Figures that I spent hours researching this, y'all took the time to reply, and it ended up bring easy. Had I not mistakenly uninstalled via Titanium, I would have been able to restore from there, I think.

5. TheManRSW

Cool deal! Glad you got it all figured out. Yeah, I'm thankful that some of the devs have decided to do this as well. Makes the process much easier.

6. GrandMasterBirt

GrandMasterBirt Well-Known Member

A first for someone preferring Sprint Navigator over Google Navigation. I found that SN is quite inferior in everything. O well. Fresh has the .apks in the sd card's fresh uninstalled directory, use adb to install those.

7. slugbug

I like them both equally. The deal breaker for me is the voice. I CAN NOT stand the Google Nav voice. It's easy to send an address to my phone and use eather one to get there, I just prefer to go with a voice that is pleasant :) Oh and my music doesnt' stop streaming with Sprint Nav while it does with Google Nav.

8. myriam

myriam Well-Known Member

Sorry again for my question, but what is adb? Thanks. :eek:

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

i thought that issue was fixed in the last update ...mine works fine with no stopping of music

10. amorse2183

amorse2183 Member

what is adb? how do I use it to reinstall sprint navigator?

11. TheManRSW

You don't need to use adb to install them from the "fresh removed apks" folder. Find the folder and files using "Astro file manager" on your phone. Tap on the program you want to install. Select open app manager and tap install. Simplicity at it's best.

amorse2183 likes this.
  12. amorse2183

amorse2183 Member

THANK YOU! I was going insane with the robot voice on the google navigator

13. sintricate

sintricate Well-Known Member

Google Nav > *

...then again, I don't feel it necessary to listen to my GPS's voice.

14. saminbama

saminbama Active Member

What is fresh? My phone is not rooted. I just want Sprint Navigation back. Can you help? A Sprint ID installed TeleNav and now Sprint Navigation is gone. If I remove TeleNav, will Sprint Navigation come back?

15. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

Yeah I like TeleNav better but it is constantly running in my processes. No matter if I stop it, it pops back up immediately.

16. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Well-Known Member

If your phone is not rooted, you should not be able to get rid of Sprint apps. Have you checked your app drawer to make sure its not there?

Fresh is a custom rom that can be flashed on a root Evo. It has most of the sprint bloatware removed but they are stored on the sdcard in case you want to install them