How do i remove duplicate contacts and events?General

1. jbass350z

jbass350z Well-Known Member

Is there any way to remove all exchange contacts and calendar events. I accidentally since with Google through exchange and now have duplicates of everything.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jbass350z

jbass350z Well-Known Member

anyone?
  3. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

I havn't used exchange to sync anything on my phone, but have you tried removing your exchange account? I only ask because I know if you sync facebook with your phone, and you remove facebook it will remove all of the contacts and such.
  4. ejkeebler

ejkeebler Well-Known Member

supposedly you can go to menu / settings / applications / manage applications open calendar and press clear data, i tried this along with calendar storage, calendar widget, calendar my a$$ and still cannot get them removed, thinking about wiping.....AGAIN....
  5. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

see if you can fix it from google.com/contacts or google.com/calendar
  6. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

I made the same mistake.

Open the "People" app, press the menu button, and select "View" which is the thing that looks like an eye.
  7. amarryat

Sorry, I figured out that mod only affects what you are seeing in the People app.

When I went to compose an MMS, all contacts showed up :(

So the question remains, how can we easily remove either the gmail duplicates, or the exchange duplicates?
  8. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

Google has a great tool to remove duplicates if you go to Google contacts
  9. Mitch R.

Mitch R. Well-Known Member

I used the gmail duplicate removal tool when I merged my exchange contacts with gmail via a .csv file dump, worked pretty well.
  10. amarryat

They don't even show up on my gmail.com contacts. In the phone they are organized separately - within the People (contacts) application, there is a category for gmail and another one for exchange. I think that the gmail ones only get synced to gmail.com. But when you compose an SMS, both gmail and exchange contacts are listed.

I believe the way that I would up with an exchange contacts list is when I created my exchange account with my same gmail address, and while playing around with settings tried doing a sync. It then took all of my gmail contacts and placed them into the exchange contacts list.

I think I could probably delete the exchange account and then recreate, but thought there may be a faster solution on here. In retrospect however, it would have been faster to try my above theory :)
  11. below_radar_00

below_radar_00 Well-Known Member

I have a question along these lines as well. I had duplicated and didn't know how to get rid of them til I read this thread about google.com/contacts. I went in and deleted a ton of duplicates and some people I never even talk to. Now, how do I get my People App to recognize what I did in google.com/contacts? I don't want to delete everything in the People App b/c then I have to go back in and link everyone's Facebook. Is there a way to just sync contacts with people?
  12. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

If they are exchange contacts just go to your people app and do menu export contacts exchange contacts to fact on SD.

Then import them to Google.

I would want to have all my contacts in Google anyway andthewhole procedure taes 5 mins.

Font forget to export all your Google contacts to a backup file right before just in case