How do I remove everything "Google" from the "G2 with Google" phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. denisseattle

denisseattle New Member This Topic's Starter

My new G2 was crippled yesterday when Google disabled my Google account, no explanation other than "unusual activity."

All is restored now, but I concluded Google's services (e-mail, voice mail, calendar, contacts, etc) are NOT dependable enough for business use!

If I can make the phone completely independent of Google for essential services, I'll be more comfortable keeping the phone. Otherwise I guess I have to switch to Blackberry or Palm.

I was on the road all day, dependent on my phone. Google voice continued to take v-mail messages for me, but I couldn't access them. Gmail continued to receive mail for me, but I couldn't read it or send mail. Contacts, Calendar, Navigation, and too many other services on this smart phone are tied to Google.

When I got home, I logged into Google and restored my account. Their only explanation was that there was "unusual activity" -- the page said I should read the Terms of Service on my apps before continuing. I've long been a user of Google AdWords and maps, that was about it; now with this phone I'm tied to so many more Google apps, it would take a day to read TOU's for them all.

The phrase that makes me believe Google Android is not ready for business use is this: "Google may terminate your account at any time for any reason without notice." I never thought of it that way before yesterday.

Advertisement
  2. adrienspawn

adrienspawn Member

I'd also like to remove all Google apps except the Market. I was missing only the Market before after installing Cyanogen, and I had to install the Google Pack to get it.

There's the "Email" app I use instead of Gmail as it can also link many accounts.There's a few Calendar apps as well. But I'd like to remove the originals to save resources.

3. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Remove what??:eek: You want the pure essence that is google removed from a google phone?? well you can remove all the google apps once you root. Check out the all things root forum for more information on how to permanently root and remove apps but I must tell you sometimes this is dangerous and a Gmail account is necessary to access the market.

4. adrienspawn

adrienspawn Member

So no chance of removing individual apps and not all or nothing?

5. hipster7929

hipster7929 Well-Known Member

You have to root!