How do I remove lock screen password?Support

1. MrsWallacey

MrsWallacey Member

A couple of days ago I wished to access the wifi at Uni on my Samsung Galaxy2 Tablet, wasn't sure how to go about it so another classmate did it for me, in doing so the program(XpressConnect) asked for a password code, we tried bypassing the option but it wouldn't allow me so put in a code not realising that it was actually a password to unlock my tablet.

I've gone into security settings, screen lock and attempted to disable it but there is no option for that, the swipe and none options are greyed and not sure what other way there is of removing the stupid password code, I just want to be able to swipe it open again. :(

Hope someone can help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Romulous

Romulous Well-Known Member

Uninstall XpressConnect.
  3. MrsWallacey

MrsWallacey Member

Hate to point out the obvious, I uninstalled XpressConnect, the password code is still activated!
  4. Romulous

8) That's ok, but you 'didn't' point out the obvious.

So, Settings > Lock Screen > Screen Security > Screen Lock > None, is not working for you?

Go into Password, enter and confirm password then select none to disable it.

:confused:
    LaughSing likes this.
  5. MrsWallacey

MrsWallacey Member

No I didn't point it out, but to me it's obviously what you would attempt first.

When I go into settings> lock screen> clock that's all I have

Security> screen lock> confirm pin> pattern/pin/password are the only options available> pin> can enter pin but no option to select none or disable
  6. Romulous

If you enter the PIN will it allow you to change or disable it?

I install XpressConnect to see if i could replicate the issue, but i couldnt even get it to run without FC which kinda backs up the poor reviews the app received.
  7. MrsWallacey

MrsWallacey Member

No wouldn't allow me to do that either. Ended up sending an email to Samsung tech support and they gave me several options which inluding removing the host email address, but seeing as I hadn't set one up that wasn't applicable, my final option was a hard reset which I did last night after doing a back up. Not happy I now have to re-install my apps but as the other half pointed out, perhaps now I can use it optimally by only having the ones installed I really want.

Thanks for your help
  8. Romulous

Damn.

Sorry i couldn't be more helpful. 8)

I've had to go through the pain myself of having to factory reset to get something to work properly, especially when it probably shoud be so simple.

If your tablet is rooted, you might want to install something like ROM Manager to do a full backup of your tab at regular intervals.

This would save you having to reinstall the biggest portion of your apps and data.

If you have a fast broadband connection i wouldn't worry too much as all your apps will be saved on Play store, which means that syncing with your google account will install most of them.
  9. MrsWallacey

MrsWallacey Member

It's more re-installing all my passwords and websites on opera that's a pain and add to that, starting games from the start again when you were almost finished them arrgghhh
  10. Romulous

Can't you sync your Bookmarks and passwords to opera mobile?
  11. jppottie

jppottie New Member

what u do...settings/security/click the pattern or password...when it opens cancel it....go back to security....swipe is now available....choose swipe....to swipe the lock open on lock screen...first screen......and walllaaaa..Should u want to put another password...security/password...etc...hope it helps
  12. jppottie

jppottie New Member

what u do...settings/security/click the pattern or password...when it opens cancel it....go back to security....swipe is now available....choose swipe....to swipe the lock open on lock screen...first screen......and walllaaaa..Should u want to put another password...security/password...etc...hope it helps
  13. chikita

chikita New Member

:):):)

Thank you , thank you !!!!!
    Right on time!!!
  14. x081geoff

x081geoff New Member

To downgrade the security I realised that my sd card was marked as encrypted so once I unchecked the options and clicked confirm it then allowed me to downgrade security to a swipe pattern
  15. CaptPetecard

CaptPetecard New Member

I fixed this on my Samsung Note 2 after uninstalling Xpress Connect:
    1) from the home screen, click Menu->Settings->Security
    2) Click "Clear credentials (Remove all certificates)"
    3) The ability to set other forms of lock screen security like Pattern is restored

-P
    dustwun77 likes this.
  16. KLLC

KLLC New Member

CaptPetecard - I wish I could hug you! I had given up on ever getting rid of my pin. I did what you posted and now I am the happiest Android owner on the planet. Thank you!
    dustwun77 likes this.