• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How Do I remove Pre-Installed App's

w1ksz

Jul 13, 2012
There are a number of App's that came with the phone that are useless or whose only function is to pick my pocket.
I tried the usual drag and drop in the trashcan, but they have more lives than a vampire and keep coming back.
How do I get rid of this stuff ?? S Suggest is one particularly useless one.

Thanks,

Richard S

There are a number of App's that came with the phone that are useless or whose only function is to pick my pocket.
I tried the usual drag and drop in the trashcan, but they have more lives than a vampire and keep coming back.

Thanks,

Richard S

first off when you try an app to the "trash can" your never deleting it, your only removing it from the page it was on

to uninstall an app clic your "all apps" icon not hit the menu key and click uninstall apps, any app with a circle and red line in it mean its an app that can be uninstalled click the circle and it will uninstall

Upvote 0
As others have said: you won't be able to completely uninstall the apps that came as part of the ROM - unless you are rooted.

However, you can disable them.

Settings > Application manager > All

Click the app you want to disable.
Click "Uninstall updates" (if present).
Click "Disable"

If you want to reenable the app again at any point it will be listed at the bottom of "Settings > Application manager > All" with Disabled next to it. Click it again, and then click "Enable".

HTH

Upvote 0

Thanks,

Richard S
Follow the directions in post #7 by NoFaultFound. The apps you don't want to see or use will never bother you again (until you enable them again) and you don't have to worry about rooting your phone to do this. It is the easiest method and most effective for new Android users.

Upvote 0
I cannot find an ..."all apps"... ICON.

Bottom right corner in this image.

samsung-galaxy-s3-hands-on-9.jpg

Upvote 0
Solution 1: Root
The only way to remove these third-party apps would be to root your Android device and receive the Super User status.

Solution 2: Task Killers
Removing a widget: any of these which are displayed on the homescreen can be easily removed by tapping and holding the shortcut of the widget and drop it into the recycle bin.

Removing Apps: Any other application that you might want to “remove” requires the installation of a third-party app called Advanced Task Killer, which can be installed from Google Play. These types of apps will ''kill'' the process from running on your phone and auto-kill the app from starting (booting).

Once you've done this, the app will only be seen in the app drawer, however you reverse the process by going into the settings of your Task killer.

Just because you've ''killed'' the app, it will still take up storage however it won't use any resources.

If the app isn't protected, it can easily be uninstalled with an Uninstaller app.
Perhaps you can follow this guide: How to Delete Duplicate Contacts on Android

Upvote 0
Solution 1: Root
The only way to remove these third-party apps would be to root your Android device and receive the Super User status.

Solution 2: Task Killers
Removing a widget: any of these which are displayed on the homescreen can be easily removed by tapping and holding the shortcut of the widget and drop it into the recycle bin.

Removing Apps: Any other application that you might want to

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones