How do I remove Quickoffice as default from DroidSupport

Last Updated:

1. JohnK

JohnK New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a new Droid and downloaded Data Viz - Docs to Go from market
    How do I remove the default to Quickoffice and use Docs to Go as the Office attachment default? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. bgoody

bgoody Well-Known Member

Hi. From your home screen, go to Menu>SystemSettings>ApplicationSettings>ManageApplications and then choose QuickOffice.

There is a Launch by Default part whhere you can Clear defaults.
    This is for the Magic but should be the same for Droid.

3. JohnK

Thanks but the Droid does not show the QuickOffice in the application section.
    unfortunatley I select QuickOffice from a drop down to make it the default and now can't "unselect" it

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Not all programs will show on the initial list of applications. You may have to press Menu > Filter > All in order to see QuickOffice.

5. JohnK

Thank you Vincent for your help - you were correct not all applications show and by changing the filter to "all" I was able to resolve the issue
    thanks again
    :D

6. clasified81

clasified81 New Member

my htc hd2 will not work when booting in linux, i have tried everything. what kind of program is the most functional now? can someone please help me. clas

7. ColinGrant

ColinGrant New Member

QuickOffice (version 3.3.49 - motorola) is like a virus. I have reset it a number of times to allow me to select the PDF reader that I want to use. That works for a while, then at some point something causes QuickOffice to once again be the default PDF reader.

The Manage App / Launch by Default lists is empty and yet it still leaps into action when it is not wanted. I want to use Adobe's PDF reader as it doesn't run out of memory for larger image documents.

Is there a way to permanently put QuickOffice to sleep so that it never acts as the default PDF reader?

Could it be the over the air updates that suddenly make it become the default PDF reader again?